Stuffit Expander?

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Riba

Stuffit Expander?

Post by Riba »

It seems that kJams insists of using Stuffit Expander to uncompress downloaded updates. As I don't have it installed (and don't want it), and it is not a part of the default OS X installation, it would be better if kJams just uses the system built in ZIP archiver.
A very minor thing, true, but the one that bothers me anyway. :)

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

huh?

Post by dave »

Well, actually, kJams first tries to use it's own built-in version of zLib to unzip, and if that fails, attempts to unzip on the command line, and only if THAT fails does it revert to Expander.

So, is kJams right now on your internal drive in the Applications folder? Or is it perhaps on a volume formatted FAT32?

randyj

expanding updates

Post by randyj »

oh... is THAT what happened? I was wondering why I had to install StuffIt Expander.

My kJams Lite is installed in my USER home -> Applications

If I move it to the MAIN applications folder then the updates will work automagicallly? Have to try that next time...

dave
Site Admin

something is wrong

Post by dave »

it does not matter where the app is stored.

the fact that the build in un-zipper is failing to unzip kJams itself means there is something else wrong. perhaps it is a permissions error? are you logged in as administrator or a regular user?

randyj

Re: something is wrong

Post by randyj »

admin.

until the latest release, I have not updated it for quite a while. I'll let you know if it happens on the next rev

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

k, please let me know
8)