More Chartbuster info

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Indy Cheer

More Chartbuster info

Post by Indy Cheer »

Congratulations on the Charbuster partnership. Great move, very exciting.
For the KJ user what cost is there over and above the monthly fee?
Out of the 12,000 songs available for streaming is there individual song streaming charges (how much) or is that just for purchasing?
I've searched the Charbuster site but can't seem to find this information.
I would like to hear from any KJams users that are already streaming Chartbusters and what their experience has been like so far.

dave
Site Admin

Re: More Chartbuster info

Post by dave »

the info is here

but to be clear:
there is no cost above the montly fee.
there is no individual streaming fee.

the "buy song" option is only if you want your own copy that you can have forever and use even without internet access, and that DOES cost you (price shown on song)

swainner

Post by swainner »

So, I tried the KJams Pro Pass with Chartbuster ... the ability to stream for 48 hrs. We were planning for a party and I thought I'd give it a try. Well, it simply didn't work. The system kept responding with Invalid User.

I checked in with Dave and he tried my account on his systems and got the same error messages. Dave and I both reached out to Chartbuster for service help and got no response. So I really can't comment on the quality of the streaming service since there was none. I called Chartbuster and asked for them to apply a credit to my credit card. We will see how that goes.

Meanwhile, my wife and I will host our party with our own (purchased on CDG, ripped with KJams) library which works wonderfully. Thanks Dave.

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I heard back from CB and the problem is a coding mistake at their server on their end, this ONLY affects the 48 hour pass for the Pro version, all other tiers work fine. They are working on it and expect to have it working in a couple weeks. Yes, a couple weeks. Sorry about that, I'm as surprised and as frustrated as you are. I sometimes forget that the whole world doesn't operate the way I do.

swainner

Post by swainner »

Dave, Thanks for following up and helping us out. I did subscribe to the monthly plan and it authenticated and allowed streaming.

On a separate note, when my kJams Pro loads and parses the Chartbuster playlist, I occasionally get crashes. If you let me know what to capture the next time I load it and it crashes, I'll pass that along. Once I get the Playlist parsed. It works great.

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

just send the log file and crash report
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Logs