Streaming crash

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
simpmech

Streaming crash

Post by simpmech »

Hi Dave, so here is what is going on. I added the feature "show streaming songs in playlist". (awesome feature btw)
Now when I use any of the chartbuster songs, from either their library, or my "list" it crashes kjams
I am using "add to singer" but when I try to play it has a negative response. It would seem that it is not even trying to cache the song. Also, on a side note, I tried for fun adding another song to an additional singer to see if that one would start to stream and no go.
Thanks,
Derek

dave
Site Admin

Re: Streaming crash

Post by dave »

I added the feature "show streaming songs in playlist"
do you mean you checked both "Include music store songs in main Library" and "Only streaming songs" ?
when I use any of the chartbuster songs, from either their library
do you mean from the "Chartbuster" music store playlist?
or my "list"
do you mean from the Library? or do you mean from a playlist? if a playlist, how did the song get there? was it a singer playlist?
I am using "add to singer"
from where? do you go to the CB music store for that? or do you search in the Library?
does "add to singer" seem to work just fine in the moment? so the streaming song does go into the singer's "Tonight" list?
when I try to play it has a negative response
do you mean it crashes when it goes to play the song? or does it crash before that?
it is not even trying to cache the song
caching of the NEXT song is supposed to happen when the PREVIOUS song starts playing. is that what you mean? that when the previous song starts to play, it doesn't bother pre-cacheing the next song?
I tried ... adding another song to an additional singer ... and no go
when you say "no go" what do you mean? cacheing doesn't happen (yet) just by add to playlist, it only happens at the moment the current song is loaded. if the NEXT song changes after that, it does not (yet) get pre-cached.

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

1st, yes ,I checked both the include music store in main library AND only streaming

2nd, yes, I meant from the chartbuster music store playlist (or as above adding them to my library, either way same result)

3rd, I am simply finding the song wanted to sing, then, right clicking the song and using the "add to singer" option. It does put the new song under their name. But when I hit play, the song has not been chached nor will it attempt to. just a crash of the system. I should add that using only "my library of CD+G's" works fine. It is just with the online it does not

4th, It only crashes when I hit play (chartbuster online store only)

5th, unfortunately I never got to see that far (caching of the next song starts when the previous song starts to play). crash prior to this

6th...correct on this, no song will chache. I remember when this first came out (chartbusters streaming service) some of us were experiencing the same thing. Dunno if its related at all, but just some more info

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'm sufficiently confused to need to see your screen myself. please message me in my chat room:
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/iChat

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

Woot! Seems to be working great now. Thanks for the rapid response Dave! :mrgreen:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yep! all fixed!