New problem downloading songs.

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Krisko

New problem downloading songs.

Post by Krisko »

Hey dave...

I recently encountered a new problem downloading songs. I decided to reinstall the new version of kjams pro, and play around with it a little more, when I noticed whenever I was trying to download a song, the "Buy Song" button was just opening up my internet browser and showing me a a preview of the song (without a link to download I might add) Any idea what that could mean?

dave
Site Admin

Re: New problem downloading songs.

Post by dave »

Are you sure? I just tested all three stores and when you click the "Buy" button it buys the song.

what store? what song? exactly what version of kJams? are you sure you clicked the "Buy" button and didn't double click the song name instead?

Krisko

Post by Krisko »

All stores, all songs. I'm afraid when you helped me with my problem, I couldn't update the program seeing as kjams lite.app was on my desktop as opposed to the program files location... instead of moving it and creating a new shortcut, I decided I really want to use kjams for everything and uninstalled in favour of pro version.... apparently that confused my computer.

I am definitely double clicking, but only because single clicks do nothing at all... I have a feeling it's because it's looking for something that use to be on my desktop. Now when I click on "Buy Song" nothing happens... looks like the buttons aren't working... so when I double click I get to the preview... I've tried 3 more consecutive unlinstalls with software that is supposed to get rig of everything, so I can do a fresh install.. to no avail though... CC info is still saved and buttons are not clickable.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

are you on the latest version of kJams? just download and run the installer from the web. you can uninstall by going to "add or remove programs", you don't need a third party one. to "uninstall" the .app folder on your desktop, just drag it to the trash.

Krisko

Post by Krisko »

Hi dave.. thanks again for the response.

It is the current version. My original bug is gone and I'm no longer getting error messages, which is good, but after switching from lite to pro, the Buy Song buttons stopped working. I was using third party uninstallers to get a complete uninstall where none of my information, or usage was saved in hopes that the button functionality would come back. The Add/Remove programs only gets rid of the surface level of programs, and left all my information like CC information and library intact after re-installing. Just my attempt at fixing the issue I suppose.

I've re-installed a couple of times, and each time the buttons don't work. :/ I'll try a couple of other tricks up my sleeve. Was just kind of hoping you may have run into this before. :)

As I said, I'm running a couple of different programs, and eventually I want to just use kjams... I think it's fabulous. But I think at some point I'll just give in and buy a Mac lol. Windows is just plain old and problematic... That's a ways down the road yet though. :lol:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i have not seen this problem, but i would like to so i can fix it.

are you available tomorrow night after 7pm pacific time?

Krisko

Post by Krisko »

sadly no, the closest I can do is next thursday, as I'll be working nights (shift work life... blah) as of tomorrow.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i'll be here :)

Krisko

Post by Krisko »

What I think happened, if I know Windows well enough, is that when you were helping me on my desktop, we saved that kjams.app to my desktop, as opposed to Program Files.... but from there I could run the auto updates because kjams would search the Program Files to update it. After the uninstall/pro re-install however, I could run the updates, and everything else runs smoothly, but something in my registry or a file that I can't find is telling that something... maybe the links for the "Buy Songs" button.. is still saved to my desktop (mind you, with that said, I copied kjams.app to my desktop as well, and that didn't work either). Which is why I was trying to get a complete and total 100% uninstall.... but even third party programs are leaving something behind that's keeping my preferences and such intact. I'm missing something... I just don't know what.

Worst case scenario, however, I was thinking about formatting and reinstalling Windows before unleashing this on the show anyways.... I would like to avoid that though.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no, i'm pretty sure that's not it. buttons in the UI have nothing to do with the registry.. kJams doesn't use the registry.

really, just uninstall any "kjams" from your "add/remove programs" app
delete any kJams.app folder from your desktop
then download and run the kjams installer

that is all you need to do. note this will NOT affect your preferences (the installer doesn't know about them).
if you want to delete your prefs, go here:
<home folder>/AppData/Roaming/Preferences/kJams

and delete that kJams folder.
note this will NOT delete your one-click credentials. (use credentials manager for that)

in any case we'll get it sorted out...