Chartbuster not working?

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
simpmech

Chartbuster not working?

Post by simpmech »

I am STOKED about this new feature :) However, is it completely up and running yet? For example, when I load the library up most of the songs say "stream song". When I click that feature it takes me to the new screen for the music stores. In the charbuster area I am asked to either use chartbuster credits, or get streaming sub (which I realize I need to run my shows legally) BUT I do not know how to acquire the customer ID they ask for. When I tried to get the streaming sub, I fill out all of my personal info, then hit next to move on and it tells me it cannot process the order because no form of payment has been given. I am never prompted to enter a credit card number or likewise. So, I am at a loss

Tashmoo

Re: Chartbuster for Kjams?

Post by Tashmoo »

I'm having the same problem, seems I need an ID.Will Chartbuster allow us to purchase individual songs, or do we need to subscribe to a package?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Chartbuster not working?

Post by dave »

So from your comments i guess it's not obvious that "Use Credit Card" radio button means use the credit card that you specified above in the "Edit Credit Card Settings" button? this lets you purchase individual songs. note that only a relatively small portion of the store is available for purchase, only the ones with a "buy song" button can be bought. to see them all at once, see the instructions.

as to the CB web site where you actually purchase passes, i'm not sure, i'll ask them to chime in here...

Tashmoo

Post by Tashmoo »

I have the "use credit card" radio button highlighted.
It seems you have to subscribe to "stream", they will allow you to purchase with a card.

Thanks for the quick response. 8)

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

update, I talked with Chartbuster today. It seems they had an issue in their end with the "entering payment section" for buying the kj/dj pack. They have fixed it. I purchased it, however, when I go back to Kjams and enter the chartbuster library it does not recognize my user ID from charbuster. Example, when I try to stream a song, it says "user ID is not valid, would you like to enter your information?". I have purchased "credits" and the KJ/DJ subscription but the subscription tier says "none" and my chartbuster credits show a balance of zero.
So in conclusion, I still can't get it to work
(also tried using the credit card button as well)

toddbmde

Post by toddbmde »

To All:
Chartbuster Karaoke would like to welcome all the kJams users. We have enjoyed working with Dave Cotter to bring you access to our content in new and innovative ways via his kJams software.
To answer a few questions; regarding digital downloads our library is limited by publishers as to what we can legally sell as downloads and we adhere to that very strictly. There are currently 2400 plus tracks available for downloading from our library of over 12,000 tracks, so you will not find everything immediately available. We continue to work with the publishers to give you more ease of access to our content.
For streaming, all of our library is available to you (except of the free tier which we have limited to 50 songs that rotate every month, this is to give you a sampling).

Streaming of content is new technology we have been working hard onto to deliver to karaoke enthusiasts and as such may have some issues. We have tried to work out all the bugs before launch, but it seems we have missed a few. Rest assured we are making fixes as fast as possible to insure you have a pleasant experience with this service and we apologize for any inconvenience. We thank you for your posts here and invite you to email us as well with any problems or questions you may have. My direct email address is below. As we continue to refine our streaming process and develop new delivery methods we welcome your input.

Regards,
Todd Carter
CTO, Chartbuster Karaoke
todd@bigmama.tv

toddbmde

Post by toddbmde »

simpmech

can you send us the email address you used on the Chartbuster site so we can check on this.

Thanks,
Todd

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

HI Todd
I sent you all of my info via email. Thanks!
Derek

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

hoping they have this resolved soon... we'll know more on monday

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

I am hoping so too, but with anything new we have to expect some minor glitches eh? :) But again, hats off to you and whomever has been working with you to get this deal done. Just have to play with it and figure out how to "add to singer" etc. and add to song book or laptop lol.

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

just another "side note"
When playing the free songs in the list they work great if I just play them. If I right click the song and use "add to singer" it asks if I want to purchase this song (even though its not able to be bought) OR if I just simply drag the song onto the singers name to add in the rotation, it does that, but when I hit play it crashes Kjams.
Just some things I've noticed in playing around. Anyone else please feel free to chime in with your experiences so we can help each other and get this thing up and working :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

see: http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Singers , http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Printing , http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Server

"right click->add to singer", yes that's a bug, it should add it without asking you to pay. crash: BAD BAD! YIKES! I'll try to reproduce that.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

this has now been fixed, new release is out. go get it.

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

So far so good :P Thank you!

DJByRequest

Post by DJByRequest »

I just tried with no luck to subscribe to Chartbusters. After entering shipping info I too could not get the payment screen to open or let me past. I am excited about the concept and have been using chartbusters for years so I hope they will get this fixed asap