KJams pro

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Redrover

KJams pro

Post by Redrover »

How do you add the music files from your library to the singers?

I tried to drag and drop and that didnt work. I am messing around with the demo version I havent paid yet. I wanted to play with it to see how it compares to a regular karaoke machine.

Also when will you be able to connect a mike and use it in conjunction with the software?

Thanks

dave
Site Admin

Adding songs to a singer

Post by dave »

There are two ways to do this:
1) twirl down the singer's name and see there are 3 playlists each singer gets automatically. "Tonight", "Favorites", and "History". The first two are editable by the singer. You can drag songs from the Library or any playlist into one of these singer's play lists. (eventually you WILL be able to drag them onto the singer directly, which is intuitive and what people expect, it will then go into the "Tonight" list
2) double click the singer. this sets the singer's "Tonight" list to the "Target". After that, any time you double click a song, it will go into the singer's "Tonight" list. (To turn off Target mode, just double click the target again)

Singing with a mic:
Coming soon but not immediately, it has been a planned feature for a very long time. For now, I recommend using AudioHijack (either version will work)

billybobkaraoke

words will not com up

Post by billybobkaraoke »

hello
my name robert i am having trouble with kjams pro when i put a cdg disc in the driver it will load and play but no words will come up at all or picures :?:
could up help me with this please . :?:
:D [/b]

dave
Site Admin

black video

Post by dave »

This will only happen if you have gone to Preferences->Import and checked "Ignore CDG ripping errors (black video is OK)", please turn that off and notice what happens.

Basically it's probably the case that you do not have a compatable CD drive. Check the FAQ for the list of compatable drives and my recommended drive.

Rayco

Post by Rayco »

sounds complicated, Macs are supposed to be easy to use.
Rayco

dave
Site Admin

sounds complicated

Post by dave »

If it sounds complicated, then you are thinking too much.

If the user simply installed the app, did NOT tweak the preferences, and tried to play a CD, it would automatically have detected the player would not work, and simply told the user "incompatable drive".

The problem came up *because* the user was trying to be too smart, by checking a preference they should not have checked.

-dave