Copy and Paste brings smiles

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
ChurchCat

Copy and Paste brings smiles

Post by ChurchCat »

I like the "new?" ability to copy from playlists.

I have a lot of discs with guide vocals to rip. The technique now is to type in the first half of the songs that have the guide vocals and then highlight the whole playlist and type [Command C] to copy. I then [Command V] into a spreadsheet that I have open for this purpose.

The advantage of pasting to a spreadsheet is that each field is kept separate in it's own cell.

The next step is to select one cell in the spreadsheet (usually the name of a track) and [Command C] I then go back to kJams, highlight the next track, [Command I][Command V][Enter] and the job is done.

I have to repeat this a lot of times to complete the meta-data on the non-guide vocal half of the disc but this has still saved me a lot of time.

:D :D :D

CC

Dave I suppose there is no way to paste more that one cell at a time is there?

dave
Site Admin

you are correct

Post by dave »

yes there is no way to "batch paste" meta info, sorry.

but you can select one song, then command-click the other (now they're both selected) then get info, the info that shows up is from the first song. say you want to copy the track name to the second song, just check the box next to it and hit okay, now they both have the same name.

but then you still need to un-select, re-select the 2nd one, get info, and add (with vocal) so they have unique names.

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

That I what I thought.

For a while I thought that the "duplicate" option in the top menu would duplicate the meta information because it was in the same menu as "copy" but this does something else. (I have not yet figured out what this feature does or why you should want it :? )

In future revisions I wonder how feasible some form of batch paste would be? For people with large collections of karaoke discs that have guide vocal tracks it would be a real boon.

CC