Ready to start over

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
key-lore

Ready to start over

Post by key-lore »

Haven't worked with kTunes/kJams since last winter/spring. With new equipment, I'm ready to strart again to load new software & tunes on to drives. What should I be aware of? Anything new?

I've upgraded to a MacBookPro with additional 2 250gb HDs I'm ready to strart reloading my karaoke CD files, BTW all the software & 2000+ songs I had loaded on a Western HD are lost, drive is now junk.
Key-lore

dave
Site Admin

starting over

Post by dave »

email me directly and i'll make sure you've got a SN on your new computer.

i hope you submitted your meta info on all your discs you entered before, that way it's all still there and you won't have to type anything.

nothing really new. just install LAME or now you can use AAC or AppleLossless or WAV or whatever, just be aware that WAV and AIFF are uncompressed. and AppleLossless files are pretty big too. I still recommend LAME for compatibility's sake. and use best quality too, no reason not to.

what kind of CD drive do you have in your MacBookPro? (a system profiler report would do)

-dave