Accidentally Removed Songs from Main Library

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
cfspinner

Accidentally Removed Songs from Main Library

Post by cfspinner »

I accidentally removed a few hundred songs from the main kjams library. They're still in the kjams folder. Is there an easy way to get them back? Don't want to use back up because it was created after the accidental removal.
Creator of the iSing Karaoke Locator for the iphone
[url]itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334150511&mt=8&s=143441[/url]
http://www.karaokeblogs.com

dave
Site Admin

Re: Accidentally Removed Songs from Main Library

Post by dave »

there's no easy way to recover them. i used to have a "scan for orphans" but it was crashy so instead of fixing it i think i disabled it. try it see what happens?
rebuilding your library will get them back but you'll lose your singers and playlists. if you really need this i'll re-enable "scan for orphans" and actually debug it. let me know.

cfspinner

Post by cfspinner »

dave wrote:there's no easy way to recover them. i used to have a "scan for orphans" but it was crashy so instead of fixing it i think i disabled it. try it see what happens?
rebuilding your library will get them back but you'll lose your singers and playlists. if you really need this i'll re-enable "scan for orphans" and actually debug it. let me know.
Rebuilding the Library will be ok. I don't have any other playlists and I can rebuild the singers. Are there specific steps to follow when rebuilding or is it a menu item that does the magic? Thanks!
Creator of the iSing Karaoke Locator for the iphone
[url]itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334150511&mt=8&s=143441[/url]
http://www.karaokeblogs.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »