By buying kJams, you agree not to be bummed out by bugs, crashes, loss of data, or any other problem that may arise due to using computer software. These things may happen sometimes.
0. If you do not agree to the terms of this license, request a return within 30 days of your purchase for a full refund.
1. You agree, by downloading or using this software, even the unregistered version, that kJams support has the right to use your email address to contact you to follow up on bugs. That is, if you submit a bug report, you are authorizing kJams to collect your email address in order for us to contact you, so that we may request more information on the bug or to otherwise request your assistance in finding and fixing the bug. (The bug reporter will include your email address so that we may respond to your report). We may also send you emails directly relating to kJams updates, unless you request to be removed from the list. We will not use your email address for any other purpose.
2. We grant you one license to install and use this software on two computers at a time, both computers must be owned and used only by you. You may use them both at the same time, but someone else may not use the second copy at the same time.
3. You may make back-up copies of the software for archival purposes. You may permanently transfer your license to use the software to another party who will be bound by this agreement, provided you contact kJams support to arrange transfer of serial numbers and activation.
4. The software is protected by the copyright laws of the U.S. and other countries, and we retain all intellectual property rights in the software. You may not separately publish, sell, market, distribute, lend, lease, rent, disassemble, reverse engineer, or sub-license the software. However, this license is not to be construed as prohibiting or limiting any fair use sanctioned by copyright law, such as permitted library and classroom usage.
5. You may use the Lite version at home, or at a party or for other non-public, non-commercial uses. If you wish to perform in a public or commercial venue, you must license and use the Pro version.
6. We warrant that the software will provide the features and functions generally described in the product specification on our website when you purchased it and in the product documentation. Media on which the Software is furnished, if any, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
7. We have taken all reasonable steps to keep the software free of viruses, spyware, "back door" entrances, or any other harmful code. We will not track or collect any information about you, your data, or your use of the software except as you specifically authorize. We will not intentionally deprive you of your ability to use any features of the software or access to your data.
8. We do not warrant that the software or your ability to use it will be uninterrupted or error-free. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
9. Your exclusive remedy under the above limited warranty shall be, at our option, either a full refund of the purchase price or correction of the defective software or media. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liability for indirect or consequential damages that arise under this license agreement. Nothing in this agreement limits our liability to you in the event of death or personal injury resulting from gross negligence, fraud, or knowing misrepresentation on our part.
10. If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms will stay in effect. This agreement does not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.
11. This agreement will be governed by the laws, including Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, of the state in which you reside. If your state has enacted the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) or substantially similar law, said statute shall not govern any aspect of this agreement and instead the law as it existed prior to such enactment shall govern.
12. This agreement may change or be updated without notice, and you will be bound by the new agreement unless you request a refund and stop using the software within 30 days. (You may opt for notification.)
13. If you read this whole thing, then next time you're in the northern Monterey Bay area (California, USA), I'll buy you dinner.