From kJams Wiki
(Redirected from History)
The Ohlone Version
Note: We have forked! I'm now working on both 1.0.1 and 2.0 at the same time
This page is in in REVERSE chronological order (latest at TOP)
1.0.1b27 Nov 7, 2013
- when you delete a singer from a venue that happens to be an alias (shortcut) to that singer from another venue, the alias is deleted, not the original singer
- Fixed bug of the Karaoke Cloud dialog getting stuck on "Please wait a few moments and this screen will refresh", and then it would never refresh
- if you crazily set your KaraokeCloud preference: "Maximum Simultaneous Downloads" to less than 1, you crazy person, i will ignore you and set it to 1
- when you sort a playlist in DESCENDING (reverse) order, then go to another playlist that happens to be sorted by that same column but in ASCENDING order, then back to the first, it now remembers to go back to DESCENDING
- you can now choose to fade your audio in a linear way, rather than by the default (logarithmic) way, with the text pref "Use Linear audio fade (vs: log)" set to TRUE
- you can now specify the duration of the initial delay of the built-in messenger messages, with text pref "Messenger initial delay (seconds)". You could already set the duration of custom messages with the pref "Long messenger duration" (i know, dumb name)
1.0.1b26 Oct 26, 2013
- KaraokeCloud songs labeled as being from "M" are now properly labeled as being from "Music Maestro"
- if you hold down the option/alt key when "pushing meta data", any zip files will have their content's file names be encoded in UTF8 instead of WindowsLatin1
- fixed rare crashing bug: when last person in rotation's song starts, kJams will pre-cache the next song, which belongs to the first person. If that next song (of the first person) was an un-purchased music-store song (not a streaming song), then kJams would crash. fixed.
- fixed the bug of if you start a song and there's an error starting it that is then fixed (eg: could not find it and you hit cancel, or it asked you to purchase and you hit cancel), the next time you go to start the song it would never start at all. fixed.
- completed feature: finally added text pref "Messenger Rotation size" controls how many singers / songs are listed in the Messenger
- Mavericks: Singer "face" icons would draw insanely slow and cause general slowdown. fixed.
- accidentally left a "separator" in the Help menu, fixed
- Producer: turning on / off "Don't encode CDG" takes effect immediately, even if Producer is currently open
- Producer: will warn you if you have "Don't encode CDG" turned on and you try to do some CDG editing
- tweaked a draw browser text edit routine in the hopes of catching a crasher
1.0.1b25 Oct 22, 2013
- Completed Feature: In Music Store preferences, in the <<Include Store songs in “Library”:>> popup, you can now choose to have "Only Subscribed Songs"
- Completed Feature: the "Duet" checkbox and "Duet Comment" text can now be edited in the Rotation playlists. The data lives with the singer only with respect to that song (ie: a different singer with the same song will not get that data)
- Fixed crash in Help and Advanced menus
- Fixed Bug: in KaraokeCloud, your credit card type was always set incorrectly! Sorry about that! To fix: go to prefs->stores->edit CC settings, then click OK. The data will be re-sent to KC.
- Fixed Mac Problem: My code-signing was busted and i didn't know it. fixed.
- Added ability to use new Rotation ShowScreen: "Rotation (only singer names)" in prefs->advanced
- When "deactivating" your serial number, there is now a (indeterminate) progress dialog
- with Transparent Video, there used to be a thin, one-pixel line around the 4:3 aspect ratio zone, this has been fixed
- in the DataBrowser, non-existant data that has a default value will now draw with that default value, rather than with "-" (eg: tempo, when not set, now always shows as "1.0")
1.0.1b24 Oct 15, 2013
- when using a TriceraSoft Gift Pack:
- if your name / email is missing, you get a warning, and the warning tells you it's about the gift pack, so you don't think it's about a credit card
- the gift pack credits are updated so you can see how many you have in the prefs dialog
- it won't let you try if you have 0 credits
- if you have auto-updates set to something that is NOT "always", and your music stores have somehow disappeared, it's still going to check for them so you are not wondering where are your music stores
- you are now allowed to create a singer with no password
- Launch files work again (Whupps!)
- LRC files now support the "unicode" tag, and will ignore "utf8" if it's known to be "utf16"
- no longer get an alert about "Retain Count: 2" on Mavericks
- brought back the "Ignore CDG Ripping Errors" pref. now, you don't get black video for everything, just for sectors that can't be read
- fixed ability to play KMA files that are internally zipped
- if you play a song in a playlist that is very very big and sorted by "Name", there used to be a short delay (maybe a few seconds). fixed.
1.0.1b23 Oct 3, 2013
- turned off logging for "Getting meta dictionary", i think we fixed that
- Pro: when no song is playing (and i don't mean loaded but paused) the default playlist for the ShowScreen Rotation will be, the "Rotation" playlist, and not the most-recently-played playlist. It was too confusing for folks otherwise.
- Launch Files
- will now only launch after the song is loaded for playing. It will NOT launch if the song is just being cached, or if the song for some reason has an error when trying to load.
- now has a secret pref "Open launch file only when un-paused", defaulting to "true", so if you have "pause between tracks" turned on, it will only run the launch file when you un-pause the song. that way it won't open if you never un-pause the next song.
- fixed Karaoke Cloud assert warning when you're in tryout and not logged in
- fixed CRASH if kJams says "can't find this song do you want to find it?" and you hit Cancel
- LRC files now support unicode ("utf-8")
- the "repeat" button appeared to be disabled when showing a Rotation playlist, however behind the scenes it WAS still doing it's thing. Fixed such that Rotation playlists act as if it is always disabled, as it should.
- when reading in the database, all singers marked with "sort me to the top" are un-marked. This should fix any weird sorting problems in the Sources list for Singers
- kJams Lite no longer includes Pro resources for the Server
- Lite and Pro no longer include 2 resources for Python
1.0.1b22 Sept 10, 2013
- Windows: fixed rare crash on shutdown
- minimum cache size is now 5
- tweaked some logging to have correct "carriage returns"
- changed the way kjams creates temp folders *again* such that they no longer have a minus sign on them
- fixed another potential crash on when you clear a large cache and immediately close the prefs window
1.0.1b21 Sept 7, 2013
- older Mac OSs (including 10.6) were reporting the wrong number of cores. this would then incorrectly set the max number of QT exports and auto-re-encode tasks to infinity, leading to serious bogging down, asserts about file not found, and crashes
- pro version: custom set keyboard shortcuts work properly for Venu, Video, and Python sub-menus
1.0.1b20 Sept 2, 2013
- Growl notifications are now unicode and have a nice, large kJams icon
- threads are named now even in release builds, cuz why not? then i can see thread names in the crash reports, duh
- when you select a NEO+G or a SuperCDG, then go to the file menu, it no longer enables "Rip to BIN/CUE", cuz first of all that's not even possible, second, if you picked that, it would crash.
- revealing the "logs" will now reveal the current log file directly, rather than just the containing folder
- fixed eSellerate AGAIN grrrrr
1.0.1b19 Aug 29, 2013
- took a real stab at fixing that crasher
- removed the logging that i used to find the crash, should be back to normal speed now. let me know if the video window stutters when switching playlists
- kJams 2.0
- when upgrading to or updating kJams 2, you now get the correct binary (was getting Pro!)
- activation resetting is finally working again. you should be able to activate on another computer
- accidentally enabled "manual activation", which will be gone in the next update
- when quitting, back to normal speed (no longer attempting to remove every song from the song que)
- if you have a network error during update, you now get told, rather than something about "couldn't find plugin"
1.0.1b17 Aug 28, 2013
- fixed crash on startup
- added lots more logging to help find the other crash that i was TRYING to fix
1.0.1b16 Aug 28, 2013
- got rid of the locale logging on startup
- temp folders created using the current time (bunch of numbers) *should* no longer collide, as i'm putting the least significant bits at the front instead of the back
- added some code jiggle around that bug that's crashing windows very consistently, i'm coming for YOU!
- "Browser Selected Source" messages will now show the one you clicked on, not the one you're clicking AWAY from
- if you get a "bad recursion" you now crash, instead of trying to keep going, so i can fix the bug
- ReportFolderErr() shows the path more correctly
- no longer logging "Local Meta Retain" etc
- fixed a crash in CFreeDB::ParseResult() when there was no result
- fixed a crash when asking to see if a playlist can repeat, but there is no playlist
1.0.1b15 Aug 27, 2013
- kJams 2 is ready for you! YEAH!
- fixed crash when you go to play a song, it's not there, you delete the song, then go to play another song
- in Switchable Songs menu, song that has open parenthesis ("(") as first character in name will no longer be disabled
- fixed ability to upgrade
1.0.1b13 Aug 22, 2013
- Lite: hides the "new singer" and "artwork" buttons, that never should have been showing
- fixed crasher related to updating meta
- OMG fixed ability to purchase Pro (!!)
- TriceraSoft: when re-syncing, if there's a problem you can see the error message
- new general pref "reset warnings", turns back on all the "don't warn me again" things
- when you Target a playlist for the first time, you get a message explaining what targeting is
- creating a new singer no longer auto-turns on "Target Mode"
- fixed crash if you use key shortcuts for cut/copy/paste while in a modal dialog that should not allow it
1.0.1b12 Aug 18, 2013
- if you ask for playlists when a singer is not logged in, you get the list of Sources
- if you ask for SONGS and supply the "Server Search" playlist id, you'll get all the songs. yep, all of them
- allows client to log a singer in by name now (no longer must be by ID)
- when the server creates a singer, kjams does NOT scroll to reveal it
- Karaoke Cloud login dialog no longer says "TriceraSoft Gift Pack"
- lite: if you somehow click "new singer" you no longer get an assert
- Producer (Mac only)
- Fixed ability to run Producer
- in the Tryout version, dragging a blob no longer removes the red X's
- wow, the version always limited you to 2 songs per playlist, i MEANT to have it be three. wow.
- used to be you could get a "the tryout limits you to 3 songs per playlist, do you want to enter a sn?" dialog, then you would enter the SN, then you'd get the same dialog AGAIN! fixed.
- when you successfully activate, it now tells you which thing you just activated
- dialog / alert info is logged in a consistent way
- CFNumbers now distinguish between doubles and ints
- fixed the ability to set key shortcuts on the Video menu and on the Webcam underlay menu
- eSellerate errors are reported more consistently
- fixed a bug where: if the same song comes in the playlist twice in a row, the song would fail to play the second time, and get stuck in "can't play" mode. there were several other permutations of this problem, i think they're all fixed
- FEATURE: kjams now remembers your pitch corrections in the music stores! (if you turn off music stores, you lose that data however)
- re-worded the "Delete Singer" to "Remove Singer"
1.0.1b11 Aug 4, 2013
- Windows: fixed broken dll linkage problem (python27.dll)
1.0.1b10 Aug 3, 2013
- Win: fixed ability to switch Venues
- Mac: The Burning "Plugin" (sold separately) is now installed as part of the application. It is still an in-app purchase, but you no longer need to run the plugin installer to see it in the preferences (Windows was always like that)
- fixed long-standing memory leak: "unceremoniously killed preemptive threads" and also "unkillable timer threads" never got their d'tor called (this was not serious as the only time that happened previously was on shutdown)
- timer thread name strings can now be a member variable of the timer (used to be required to be static)
- Support for 'Droid version of wtkJams
1.0.1b9 July 26, 2013
- fixed crash when switching venues when you have a targeted singer
- after switching venues, Singer sorting still works without having to twirl the venue up and down
- you can no longer delete Music Store songs that are listed in the library. If you try, you get told you can't do that, and instead just turn it off in the prefs
- New General pref: you can tell kJams just how often to check for updates, instead of just "always" vs. "never"
- fixed bug where the background color of a video had stopped being applied to the borders of the Video window
- Mavericks: fixed window positioning to be a bit less flickery
- fixed crash if you delete a song you had just played
- Windows: you finally get the "rip done" sound (import pref had never worked: play sound when finished ripping)
- fixed yet another crash on startup when checking for updates
1.0.1b8 July 22, 2013
- fixed potential crash when searching
- fixed that ASSERT(str.GetIndChar() == 'r')
- Win: cleaned up some code regarding selecting items in the sources list, hunting a bug there
- my GetSystemVers() routine now uses symbolic values in stead of actual values (aren't you siked?)
- if a song is paused, you can un-pause it by double clicking on it
- fixed a HANG! if you have "pause between tracks" on, and you are paused at the beginning of a song in the rotation, and you go to the "Rotation" playlist (not the "KJ Rotation") and you un-pause by double clicking the song
- Added "Sort Name", "Sort Artist", and "Sort Album" meta-data columns
1.0.1b7 July 18, 2013
- CoreFoundation again can actually log to the kJams log file (was working before, but busted a few years ago)
- Updated to latest CrashRpt
- can now recover if a localized CrashRpt believes the strings file is bad: we just revert to english (used to just fail to launch)
- full screen mode mostly works now. Remember: To get the video above the menu bar, in General Prefs turn on "Video Window floats above all system windows". But note that if you get an alert or assert or any dialog that comes up, you won't see it because it's under the video window!
1.0.1b6 July 14, 2013
- not actually used yet: for later I added a "Full Screen" internal API for full screen apps, this will be used in the future for when kJams has a "Full Screen" mode
- Singer selection in the Sources list has always been a bit busted. When you select a Singer (which is a playlist of 3 playlists), it actually shows the "Tonight" playlist (a playlist of "playlist items", where each of those is a song) in the Tracks list. This is a "what you see is what you expect", rather than WYSIWYG kind of thing. And it was a bit wonky under the hood, sometimes i'd treat a singer AS the tonight list and vice versa, leaving the selection state confused at times. This has all been fixed now. it fixes the ability to reliably select a singer programatically, which is necessary to get right for when you create a new singer, which leads to:
- When you create a new singer, it gets created at the TOP of the list, and it is properly scrolled to so you can see it, then when you name it and press enter, it sorts into place, still selected, and it is again properly scrolled to
- a targeted playlist (or singer) will now always sort to the top, so you can always see it
- When QT Exporting a Producer file (LRC, KTP etc), it will now honor the "Use 16 x 9 Aspect Ratio": if it's on you get HD like you always have, but if it's off, you get 4:3 at 300 x 216 to match other CDG exports
- fixed a bug where you export a producer file and it would come out black
- FEATURE: in targeted searching, you can now use the shortcut "s:" to indicate "song name", and "a:" to indicate "artist name"
- fixed bug: in the Rotation, when the last person's song ended, it would not leave the rotation, nor be marked as sung, nor be added to the singer history. all fixed
- fixed a bit of getting the Video Window to correctly go full screen on Mavericks. Wow they so busted that :( To get it above the menu bar, in General Prefs turn on "Video Window floats above all system windows". But note that if you get an alert or assert or any dialog that comes up, you won't see it because it's under the video window!
1.0.1b5 July 5, 2013
- When quitting, the "progress bar" no longer gets stuck at zero (it now correctly goes back to "indeterminate" barber-pole)
- Quitting is very slightly faster
- When quitting: the browser window really REALLY no longer re-appears for a second
- on startup, if your Sources list has a scroll bar, it's now scrolled to the top, not to the Singers list or Music Store list
- creating singer no longer crashes
- deleting singer no longer leaves the browser window "invisible to clicks"
- when you rename a playlist (or singer) the browser window no longer draws a large blank area on the left
- the Purple Focus Ring now draws with the bottom and right edges correct
- turned off CPW_TaskRec loggging since it's fixed
- turned off Sources list sort comparison results logging
1.0.1b4 July 4, 2013
- fixed the task manager moar korrektly
- Windows: made some tweaks to hopefully fix the crashing
1.0.1b3 July 3, 2013
- fixed crash when making a new singer
- during quit, the browser window won't show up again for a second after it has been closed
- making a new singer will no longer sort the new singer to the top of the list, but it should now scroll into view so you can easily see it. i *may* revisit this cuz i think people liked that they sorted to the stop
- fixed ALL crashes related to the task (activity window) manager (!)
- turned on logging for the task manager, since there seems to be a bug
- fixed a producer bug that would produce completely eff'd up timelines from the source file (theoretically could happen to any TunePrompter, UltraStar, SunFly, KaraokeBuilder, or LRC) only when the lyrics are so tight that they'd push the start time of the page back by a tiny bit in order to fit.
1.0.1b2 June 27, 2013
- fixed crash when songs change
- added another Scripting command
1.0.1b1 June 26, 2013
- fixed ability to resolve symbolic links
- now has kScriptCommandStr_GetNextSongCachePath for scripting
- the "Messenger" layer is now above the "ShowScreens" layer, where it was always meant to be
- fixed a bug where you'd get asserts about "foundB"
1.0 June 22, 2013
- searching and sometimes sorting would cause the scroll bar to go into outer space. the result is that it SEEMED like searching always produced zero results (actually, just the scroll bar was off the bottom, and scrolling up would fix it)
- you can now use the scripting command kScriptCommandStr_GetCurSongCachePath
- quits gracefully without crashing
- certain KMA files could cause kJams to crash. fixed. note they still won't play cuz they're bad files.
1.0f0 June 20, 2013
- if kJams can't load the "progress bar" resources, it tells you so and quits, rather than crash
- on 10.8, Apple introduced a bug where if you make an alias to a file/folder that is on a disk image, then when resolving that alias it would give you the disk image file instead of the alias target. This is fixed by using CFURLBookmark APIs. Important because some people use disk images (ie: me) for their KaraokeCloud data, and just make an alias to it in the kJams folder
- deleting singers is faster
- quitting is faster
- some operations could cause video stutter, these have been fixed! (let me know if you still see it)
- fixed a data-loss bug where if you duplicate "song" and it becomes "song *001" (same name on disk), if you then went back to "song" and duplicated it again, you'd end up with ANOTHER "song *001", which would overwrite the previous one. Now, the new files on disk use a separate "unique" number scheme, so the first "song *001" is "song 1" on disk, and the second "song *001" is "song 2" on disk. now, the "duplicate name" is merely cosmetic and doesn't overwrite files on disk
- you can now turn on Looping for the Messenger Rotation. There is a checkmark next to "Messenger Rotation" when it is looping.
- when you enter a coupon before the purchase process begins, kjams would ignore it. fixed.
- hey you, the guy on Windows who refuses to use a real email address? i'm onto you.
- Producer: fixed curly quotes around error message after "There was an error loading the song for editing"