wtkJams KE for Android

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
djunod

wtkJams KE for Android

Post by djunod »

Any KJ's that are financially able to use a decent Android tablet, such as the Nexus 9, Google Pixel C, newer (2015) Samsung Tablet, we are now alpha testing. No, this won't work on $49 cheap tablets due to the frequent wi-fi issues with them.

Add me as friend on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/david.n.junod with a message about your desire to get involved.

dave
Site Admin

Re: wtkJams KE for Android

Post by dave »

Also peeps, PLEASE understand that software development is an insanely time consuming process, and takes a special kind of person with special kinds of skills, and that it is well worth the $$ that it takes to invest in good software, and it's continued development. You may feel that I undercharge for kJams and the tech support that i provide, but i can do that because i do not NEED to make a living doing this. Keep this in mind when you choose to support David J in his efforts to bring wtkJams to iOS and Android, he's put a lot of love into making this work for us all!

-davec

djunod

Post by djunod »

The current alpha of wtkJams KE for Android is now working properly on Android devices that have crappy Wi-Fi. Always looking for more testers, with more devices. Need to make sure it is robust before submitting to the store.

djunod

Post by djunod »

Is there anybody that reads this?

djunod

Post by djunod »

Open BETA testing for the Android version of wtkJamsKE. Should work fine on any Android device 5.x & up and select 4.x devices (ask first if curious).

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/co ... .wtkjamske

*Edited to update the link & state that this is an Open Beta.

reddroki

Post by reddroki »

Hi Dave J,

I'll try and send qualified Android users your way to get your field trial rolling. kJays should be thrilled by this news as I see more Android phones in most of our shows. Also, it's an age dependant issue. Some of our shows median age is 35 to 45 and they usually don't care as they share our iOS devices.

cheers!

Mark
---
Host: Would you like to sing a song?
Customer: Oi! There's not enough liquor in this pub for that!
Host: Hmm. You or Us?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

FTR, this is about KE (the kiosk version) for use by the venue/host, not the user version.

djunod

Post by djunod »

If you bought the Android KE version and are on Facebook. Add me as friend & send me a private message saying you bought Android wtkJams KE so that I can add you to a private group where you can provide feedback & get the latest info.

Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/david.n.junod

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

DaveJ: Can you give a definitive answer, here in public, regarding whether you plan to add a low-cost "Singer's" version of "wtkJams" (that remembers passwords), and a free, ad-supported version, for android? I've had many requests for either or both. thanks!

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Likewise.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

And…?

djunod

Post by djunod »

Not that *anybody* cares... join this group if you want to be an Android *Singer*.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1767600910181653/

If you are a KJ, then don't be a dipshit, buy the KE version... spread the Singer link to your singers.

karaokeniagara

Post by karaokeniagara »

first off, i'd like to give Dave a kudos for providing us with such a fantastic product. Dave you're really making things happen in the karaoke industry.

I love the Android idea. Awesome!!!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D