Recommended company for good quality CD+G production?

Talk about the wiki here.
MacOCD

Recommended company for good quality CD+G production?

Post by MacOCD »

I've just discovered kJams and it looks like it'll be the ideal solution for me.

Can anyone recommend some CD+G companies to look out for that produce consistently good quality Karaoke CDs to buy? I'm very new to this, but the audio performances on some of the discs at a venue I visited recently was just awful. Some sounded like Midi files.

I'm looking to start a karaoke music library from scratch and I'd like to buy compilation discs of only high quality songs, avoiding the brands that typically produce poor output. My assumption is that I'll be able to import these CD+G's into kJams?

My goal is to try and get more local people interested our village club, it's the only community hub we have but it's losing money, threatened by closure, and staffed entirely by us volunteers. I think it's important I do this well, we had good fun down there doing a Karaoke test to YouTube one evening, but it was awkward and didn't flow.

Any recommendations of CD+G brands to look out for (and those to avoid)?

Thanks,

Mark.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Recommended company for good quality CD+G production?

Post by dave »

tricerasoft and karaokecloud both have very good libraries, and they're both built into kjams

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Sound Choice is generally a safe bet, though they have Luddite business practices.
ChartBusters is an okay second, and sometimes better on country tracks, where they seem to place more effort and emphasis.
PopHits is okay for newer tracks as is Karaoke Version, Monster Hits (MH) and QuikHits. In fact, often they are the only options for new material.
Stage Stars (STS) and Priddis (no longer in business but you can get their CDs still) are okay for off-the-wall broadway stuff you can't get anywhere else.
Zoom is okay too
Sunfly will do in a pinch, especially for a lot of the UK pop stuff you can't get anywhere else, but their quality is inconsistent, sometimes their lyrics are WAY off, and the company itself and their business practices are… shady.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o