ips karaoke

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Olen

ips karaoke

Post by Olen »

I just saw today a gadget called the IPS-11G Karaoke Station (http://www.ipskaraoke.com/products.htm). I don't work for them, I'm not affiliated with them. I want to know, does kJams rip to a format that that thing will play? Because if it does, I know EXACTLY where next month's paycheck is going- mobile karaoke machine, software to rip karaoke CDs to disk, yeah baby!

I just found out about kJams today while looking around for something to rip karaoke disks with. I might want to run just kJams off my laptop, but I think the IPS thing would be more convenient.

dave
Site Admin

CAVS is proprietary

Post by dave »

Unforutnately, CAVS uses a proprietary format. The otherwise amazingly wonderful IPS-11G system is not compatible with regular old CDG files. kJams can play CDG or QuickTime.

Good news is, if you have a Video iPod, you can convert your CDG karaoke to play in your iPod without needing the IPS-11G. You still have to solve the other problems: no microphone, no after-the fact pitch bending (you can set the pitch before you export to Quicktime, however)

-dave

Olen

Post by Olen »

Ugh, that's terrible, I don't want to get locked in by some crappy DRM scheme.

In that case, how can I attach two microphones to a G4 laptop?

dave
Site Admin

microphones

Post by dave »