Creating a Songbook using Excel

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
AshandElle19

Creating a Songbook using Excel

Post by AshandElle19 »

Hey all new to the forum, love Kjams by the way Dave thanks for putting so much time into it. Ok so on to my issue .. I exported our library from Kjams and then created a Pivot Table from the Data once I got everything organized. The pivot table looks great however it is only one column of Artist then their songs below per page. What I would like to do is have a second column of the same thing on the same page and I cant figure out how to do it. Saved a screen shot of the current setup. Anyone that can help it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Ash
Attachments
2016-11-10_12-39-55.png

AshandElle19

Re: Creating a Songbook using Excel

Post by AshandElle19 »

Hey Dave ... ok so for example the Column on the left is sorted from A-Z by Artist then the Artists songs below it. What I want is for both column A and B to do it. Example: The first page of column A starts with Artists 10,000 Maniacs and goes to The 5th Dimension, The next page has a little bit of The 5th Dimensions songs and then starts with 69 boys. I want the 69 boys to go in Column B on the first page right next to 10,000 maniacs Essential taking 406 pages of artists and songs down to 203 total. Just can't figure out how to do it

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

thanks for expanding on the explanation. my little " :?: " was to indicate "hmm, anyone have any idea how to do this?"

AshandElle19

Post by AshandElle19 »

Gotta be a way it prints beautiful and is easy to filter what you do an dont want included in the book would just be better if it populated both columns on each page for less ink and paper usage. I know the server is a good way to go but we live near The Villages in Florida and our Thursday night would be like pulling teeth to get any of the old timers to do the computer thing so books it is.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Pretty sure Excel still is not environmentally friendly. So to double up columns and save paper, you'll have to use Word.
How you do this is entirely dependent on which version of Word you have.
It is, however, trivially easy in all versions.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D