Add to Library

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
grampa

Add to Library

Post by grampa »

My user name will tell you why I need help lol I attempted to download from my external drive using the instructions listed, i think, You can either copy the music to your internal drive, following the instructions above, or you can leave your music on your external drive. However, if you do this, the external drive must be connected whenever you use kJams.
To leave your music on the external drive:
Just start from Step 4 Above
In Step 6, the "Folder you Moved" is the folder on the external drive that has your Karaoke songs in it and used the reference option,
it started downloading and when it got close to the end I got a pop up and all the songs that downloaded went away, must have done something wrong i guess

dave
Site Admin

Re: Add to Library

Post by dave »

"got a popup" doesn't actually give me the info i need in order to help.

was there an error message? what was it? did kJams crash?

thanks!

grampa

Post by grampa »

dave wrote:"got a popup" doesn't actually give me the info i need in order to help.

was there an error message? what was it? did kJams crash?

thanks!
Cant remember my memory is not as good as it was 50 years ago, but Kjams was still up it showed downloading songs but all of a sudden pop up the the Library went blank still had the samples on it tho, gonna try again tomorrow with a IT man, let you know if it takes
Last edited by grampa on Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay, i'm so sorry you're having trouble. we'll figure it out!

it's critical that you relay to me the exact wording of any error messages, otherwise i don't have enough to go on to help!

-dave

grampa

Post by grampa »

Dave,

I have some help from a tech savvy friend and he took a screenshot of the error.

We started adding to the library from an external USB drive.
It ran overnight and appears to have locked up.

We clicked the explain button, and it only gives the windows default "program not responding" message.
From there we selected wait for program.

We did not click the cancel button, as we did not want to loose the progress we have made with the data import.

Thank you for your assistance!
Please advise on what our next steps should be.

Please see attached screenshot.
Bad ID3 Tags Error.JPG
Dave I think I will delete the Kjams trial program and clean up my external drive and start over as it looks like I have 3 duplication of my songs in the Kjams library, would that be best? would I have to re-register on this forum if I do so

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the "explain" button is supposed to lead you here.

to start over, you must throw out the "kJams" folder located in your user's Music folder. emtpy the trash / recycle bin before you continue.

do this:
trash the "kjams" folder
empty trash
run kJams
quit kJams
--> now there's a new "kJams" folder
copy the files from the external drive into the "kjams" folder (in a new folder, do NOT place inside the "kJams Music" folder)
eject / remove the external drive so as not to confuse you
run kjams
file->add to library
pick the folder you just copied
pick "reference" (NOT copy)