Song library on external drive

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
Cookkh

Song library on external drive

Post by Cookkh »

I don't know if you have to have a purchase license to get an answer to a question or not but it's been nearly a week and haven't got a response. I'm going to try rephrasing my question. I have an external hard drive with about 100,000 songs listed in multitude of subdirectories that have been ripped by various means and sources or downloaded from various sources. Is it best to have all the songs listed in one directory on the external drive before adding to The library? Another issue that I have is that the song titles on the drive are listed in various formats some of them have the same title in several directories but different versions or simply listed as track one track to etc. etc. in several directors but different songs. would they need to be re-named on the drive before adding them to the library? Any help in this regard would be most appreciated before I spend good money on a program just to find out That I can't really use it.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Song library on external drive

Post by dave »

did you send me an email? because i ALWAYS respond, typically right away but ALWAYS same day (unless it's the weekend or late at night)

it's best to have the songs in folders and subfolders and subsub folders. it's TERRIBLE to have them all flat inside one folder.

no, you will reinterpret the names AFTER you add them to the library, as kJams has powerful tools for that to help you.

Cookkh

Post by Cookkh »

did you send me an email? because i ALWAYS respond, typically right away but ALWAYS same day (unless it's the weekend or late at night)
no I just posted to the board, Any how thank you for your response. I'll give a try, worst case I'll have to clear out the library and start over.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

sorry, my bad, i've answered more in that topic.