KJams under WinXP

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
RobinClark

KJams under WinXP

Post by RobinClark »

I have got Kjams working under Vista , but all my XP machines give the same error , as soon as I put in a karaoke cd , CDG , I get an error message as below.....
Assert Fail: size() <=infovec.size(), in file: 'Z:/ Users/davec/Developer/depot/kjams/Development/ source/Musoc/CDiscReader.cpp'at line 493

..so am I doing something wrong or do I maybe have some important file missing in Windows...????.......

dave
Site Admin

Re: KJams under WinXP

Post by dave »

same disc that works just fine on Vista causes that error on XP?

RobinClark

Post by RobinClark »

Yes that is using the same karaoke cd both times , and I get the error using the internal cd drive and when using an external usb drive which works ok on the Vista machine.......
BTW two XP machines are sp2 and one is sp3........
?????????.....

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i should have asked, are you using the same DRIVE on both computers? or does each computer have it's own drive?
you initially said "Vista" vs. "XP" but now youre talking about two different XP machines?

the fair test is: same drive, same disc, different computers or different OSs on same computer

RobinClark

Post by RobinClark »

I only have one cd at present to test with , I was hoping to migrate a friend's whole collection of cdg to laptop for him.........
First tried an XP sp2 laptop , got the error on the internal drive and on a usb external drive..........
Tried the same thing with two XP desktops , one is sp2 one is sp3.........same error using their internal drives and that same external usb drive.....
Tried the same cd in a Vista laptop and it works fine , and also worked using that same external usb drive..????.........can play the tracks direct from the cd , and copy them to the laptop up to the limit for the trial........???????????.......

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i'll look at this as soon as i can and get back to you, thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

are you using the very latest version of kJams? i just tried it on XP and i'm able to see and rip discs with no errors.

RobinClark

Post by RobinClark »

That is interesting , on the working Vista laptop the "about Kjams Lite" shows 1.0.1b62 ...........thinking back I may have downloaded that some time ago.........
whereas the failing machines all have a version which I downloaded recently to each one in turn , and show 1.0.1b81..???....

RobinClark

Post by RobinClark »

Noticed that the earlier versions seem to available to download from your history page....so used control panel/add,remove/ to take the existing version off from one of the XP machines , and downloaded 1.0.1b62 to see if it made any difference , but the same fault remains........

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please update all to the latest version
i'm quite sure this is a problem with the CD (and windows), and not a problem with kJams (or mac)
try a different disc?