Migrate to new User Profile on Mavericks

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
ff25124

Migrate to new User Profile on Mavericks

Post by ff25124 »

I am running kjams 1 on mavericks and would like to make a new user profile that i use just for kj and dj what is the best way to bring over all my info to the new profile ( venues, singers history ) all the song counts and such i have a few thing in my current profile that needs turned off and have a lot of files on desktop

DeusExMachina

Re: Making NEw Profile

Post by DeusExMachina »

The easiest way if neither of your accounts have admin privileges is to just copy your kJams folder into your Public folder on the account that you already have, then log out, and log into your new one, navigate to the old user account, and open up the Public folder, drag the kJams folder from there into the current account's Music folder.
Done.
Alternately, you can copy the kJams folder directly into the Public folder of the new account, log out, log into the new account, and drag the kJams folder from ~/Public to ~/Music.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

here's where to find all the info you need for complete transfer:

https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Transferring

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Dave. I was assuming for some reason he was talking about moving it to a new account on the same computer.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, i assume the same. the transferring info is the same, but instead of "to new computer" do it "to a temp location, then to new account"

ff25124

Post by ff25124 »

Thank you so much Dave i am keeping it on the same Mac just dont want ALL my other files aval if i sneak off to the pisser durning a song lol

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Copy the file like I described between accounts, and copy over and activate the serial as Dave laid out.
However, an easier way, which would save you a lot of effort and let you keep your personal files available, like e-mail, etc., would be to just put a password on the account and have it required to unblank the display. Then none of the above is necessary.

ff25124

Post by ff25124 »

I have a password setup now. but i have cal alerts email alerts and i few other things that pop up sometimes durning a show that i want to have turned off without having to turn off and then turn back on after the show

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

If you were running Mavericks, this would be trivially easy, just by clicking on Notification Center in the menu bar, and clicking "Do Not Disturb".

dave
Site Admin

Re: Migrate to new User Profile on Mavericks

Post by dave »

8)