backgound images for venues

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
acemc

backgound images for venues

Post by acemc »

Hi Dave.
I want to display a custom picture on the screen between singers/songs. Basically, the venue's logo, displayed when no one's singing.
Obviously it should fade away when a song is started & fade in again at the end of each song.
I read as much as I can about this, but Im still not getting this right. Is this actually possible?
I can get a custom picture to show, that fades out whenI play another song, but when it ends I've just got a black screen again.
I have to manually go & turn it on again after every song. What am I doing wrong here?
Although I purchased kJams lite, I'm using kJamsPro (Demo) for 2 reasons (1st & foremost to (try) display a logo, 2nd for on-screen video window)
Any help with this will be appreciated. Thanks
Oh btw, I gave up trying convert my collection to mp4..... still the same problem.

dave
Site Admin

Re: backgound images for venues

Post by dave »

advanced prefs->set the "Rotation ShowScreen" to be the name of your custom screen, and turn on "Show Rotation at end of song"

also, please start a new topic and ask me about the MP4 thing

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

On Macintosh, you can do this by creating the slides you want and then put them into a folder in iPhoto and then using system Prefs (Apple not kJams)/Desktop and then choose the folder with your slides in and hey presto your done.

note from editor: On Windows, you can do the same thing in "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization\Desktop Background"

That's what I do and if I need to remove a slide I simply delete the slide and/or replace it which a new one
Obviously you need to check "Hide Video Window when paused" is ticked in system prefs in kJams
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)