KJAMS says I may need Perian Plugin.

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
SwampTrax

KJAMS says I may need Perian Plugin.

Post by SwampTrax »

I have quicktime 10 mac os 10.6.8. I have some supposedly CDG/mp3 Karaoke files that don't play. I don't know where I got them. KJAMS says Warning, in order to play the song "Amazing Grace" you need to download and install the Perian plugin. There web site says that there plugin doesn't work with quicktime 10 which I have. I don't know what's up with the files, get info says they are CDG and MP3. But there must be something strange about them.

dave
Site Admin

Re: KJAMS says I may need Perian Plugin.

Post by dave »

what version of kJams do you have?
if you're on 1.0.1b4, then just email me the file pair that's complaining that you need Perian and i'll have a look

SwampTrax

Post by SwampTrax »

I found the original zip files those songs cane from and re imported them and they worked. I had an old G5 which died and I had to rebuild my KJams on my new Mac Pro and for some reason about 30 gospel songs wouldn't play. Luckily I fond the Zip Archive they came from and added them to kjams and they work. Thanks for your offer to help. It is very refreshing to have support . Especially from someone in America!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D