Quick Search

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
waynegfx

Quick Search

Post by waynegfx »

I have tried and tried to get Quick Search to work on my Mac. I type the first letters and nothing comes up. I have to type the whole name or sentences and press enter to get search to work. Is there something I am not doing....it is really slow searching my library. Thanks so much for any help

dave
Site Admin

Re: Quick Search

Post by dave »

sorry, what do you mean by "Quick Search"? do you mean "Targeted Searches" ?
do you have the activity window showing and NOT overlapped by any other window?

waynegfx

Post by waynegfx »

Anticipated Search, like when a singer turns in a request and I look on the Kjams Library for the song. I thought it would start searching for the song as I type letters on the keyboard, it does not do that, I have to type the entire song title and hit return for it to look up the song.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

also, there is nothing called "anticipated search". perhaps you mean "update search results as you type", which is built in and working. what version of kJams are you using? the older versions did NOT have USRAYT. also, you did not reply to my Q about the activity window.

waynegfx

Post by waynegfx »

I'm sorry Dave, the activity window is behind the main library window. KJams updates often so I'm sure
I have the latest version. Thank you for
Answering all these questions.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you should arrange your windows so that the Activity window is NOT overlapped by the main window.
please confirm the version number, what is it exactly? thanks!

waynegfx

Post by waynegfx »

Dave I am on version 1.0b10 and I tried to have the activity window not blocked and the search took 8 seconds,,,,when I type Artist:(singer name) and return it is 3 seconds....but nothing when I type say....A for Ace of Base like as I type more letters nothing until I type all the letters and enter. thanks Wayne

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i think i fixed it !!! Please try the rogue

waynegfx

Post by waynegfx »

Dave, do you mean get rid of kJams Pro and download the rogue? I was a little nervous to do that...I'm sorry I am so confused about all of this, thank you so much, Wayne

waynegfx

Post by waynegfx »

Dave, Sorry, I read the instructions and followed it, and it works so much better now, THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU are a Karaoke GOD

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)