Push Meta Que Question?

Need help? Ask your questions here! I'll try to answer every one, but anyone can answer!
guitartattooman

Push Meta Que Question?

Post by guitartattooman »

When i open kJams, the program shows "Push Meta Que" for 615 songs. Can you explain what this means and is it normal?

thx

dave
Site Admin

Re: Push Meta Que Question?

Post by dave »

let it finish. kjams is updating the meta data inside songs. kjams didn't have a chance to finish before, either you quit or kjams crashed. so it picks up where it left off.

https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Meta_Inf ... nd_Pulling

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

This is something I always get. If I open kJams and then let the activity window finish and then close kjams and reopen kJams I still get "Push Meta Que" foe several thousand songs
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

then kjams is somehow not saving your database. this is a bug i've always wanted to nail. it could be that you're starting kJams without an external drive connected, or that you've moved a music folder out from under kJams. in that case, kjams will attempt to update the meta (and fail) on every startup. to "fix" that, you must put your music files back where they were, or mount the required volume before starting kjams. here's the Q: do you get the "kjams can't find the song, do you want to find it yourself?" if so, press the "Help" button and you'll learn how to fix this.

if you've tried everything, and just want it to go away, hold the "shift" key on startup. note that this is called "sweeping it under the rug".

Mike981

Post by Mike981 »

dave wrote:
if you've tried everything, and just want it to go away, hold the "shift" key on startup. note that this is called "sweeping it under the rug".
:D

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)