Skipped Songs

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
lenskaraoke

Skipped Songs

Post by lenskaraoke »

I find sometimes that when track 'a' has finished playing, instead of track 'b' playing, I get track 'c' playing.
It isn't difficult to correct (I simply stop the track (control stop) and double click the correct track which then plays) but it can be a pain in the proverbial.
What happens with the song thats been skipped is that it goes to the next song to be sung, sometimes if I'm not paying attention this will continue through lots of songs, and I only get to realize when the singer in question comes to ask me when their turn is because they keep seeing their name on the screen but they don't get called up. Thankfully it normally happens if I am going to sing so I just let it happen. Is this a bug you know about?
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

??

Post by dave »

i've never heard of this!
can you *make* it happen on demand? say with a 2 or 3 person rotation?

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I've not tried to make it happen and I don't think I could. I will pay particular attention next time it happens, which maybe tonight and I'll report back if there are any significant factors.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

yeah, that's the thing. with most bugs, i can't swat them unless i see them!

frustrating to wake up in the morning with little red itchy bumps on your elbow!!

ChurchCat

Re: Skipped Songs

Post by ChurchCat »

lenskaraoke wrote:Thankfully it normally happens if I am going to sing so I just let it happen.
Do you believe in divine intervention?

:wink:

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Some would think that its divine intervention that it happens when I'm about to sing.
On A more serious note I think I might have found how to recreate the bug but I need a little time to work on it,

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

keep me posted

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

When I move a singer up the list in kj rotation to be the next singer, after the current song has finished, that is when the track is skipped and the singer I moved goes back down the list.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please make a list of *exact* steps that i can take to reproduce this bug
list every single detail

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

This Morning I opened kJams and the download I did last night was obviously faulty (my broadband was playing up)so I did it again and then tried to recreate this bug but I couldn't so maybe its been squashed. I'll let you know if it happens again
Thanks for the help

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)