Songs don't play when I double-click on them

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Dr.Rhythm

Songs don't play when I double-click on them

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

Well, I like the bug reporter but I was hoping to get some kind of feedback by now so I'm posting here. I have a Karaoke gig on March 1st and I hope that there is some kind of resolution to this issue before then.

Here's my problem...

When I double-click on a karaoke file, nothing happens. If I select a karaoke file from the list and press the play button also nothing happens. The files will play but only after I click once on two other files in the library list. When a track is playing, clicking on the >> Next button has the same problem. I have to click on two other files in the library list before the next track will play.

I don't know if this is an application problem, a migration problem or an OS X version 10.5 problem. I just formatted my laptop hard drive and installed 10.5. I have since updated to 10.5.2. I just downloaded kJams Pro and licensed it using my serial number. Since I formatted and reinstalled, I had to backup all of my files to a disk image on a external FW drive. After installing kJams and launching for the fist time, I deleted the kJams Library and kJams Music folders that were created in /Users/{username}/Music and replaced them with all of the kJams folders that were in my backup. I then launched kJams again.

Anyone else experiencing these problems? Dave, do you have any suggestions?
Dr. Rhythm

dave
Site Admin

?

Post by dave »

do you have "Pause Between Tracks" turned on in your prefs?

Dr.Rhythm

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

No, it's not checked. I see there is an update though. Should I install that?
Dr. Rhythm

Dr.Rhythm

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

Something else that's weird is that the Stop Button doesn't have a square in it unless a track is playing. Shouldn't it have a square in it all the time?
Dr. Rhythm

dave
Site Admin

?

Post by dave »

the Stop Button doesn't have a square in it unless a track is playing. Shouldn't it have a square in it all the time?
but then how would you tell if a song is loaded but paused vs. there is no song loaded? that's the point, to give a visual cue for exactly that.

please email me directly. or go to ichat: davecotter

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

I see there is an update though. Should I install that?
You can tell very clearly what exactly has changed in this or any new release by going to the version history page and looking at the notes for that release. In this case, look here:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/History_1.0d4 ... s_Versions
and see the notes above d48r46

the short version is: no there is nothing in this release that addresses the issue.

I need to see your machine. that means we have to get online together, via dotmac or AIM or iChat or via the kJams iChat server. Please contact me via email.

edernest

I agree with the stop button comment

Post by edernest »

For the record, the blank stop button confused me once it was added. It seemed 'broke'. Couldn't you tell if a song is loaded by looking at the kjams LCD display and seeing if a song is displayed?
dave wrote:
the Stop Button doesn't have a square in it unless a track is playing. Shouldn't it have a square in it all the time?
but then how would you tell if a song is loaded but paused vs. there is no song loaded? that's the point, to give a visual cue for exactly that.

please email me directly. or go to ichat: davecotter

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Also for the record it confused me for a moment, however I actually think it is quite a clever feature. The stop button is my favourite added feature of the month.

:D

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

I spent some time on his computer and can't imagine what could be wrong. seems that the "play this song" event does not get sent to the main event loop until after you click on the browser window for a second time. very very strange. i may have to write a special version for him with diagnostics. stay tuned.

Dr.Rhythm

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

Thanks again for your help with this Dave.
Dr. Rhythm

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'll be back

dave
Site Admin

fixed

Post by dave »

fixed. new build posted i hope tonight

Dr.Rhythm

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

The new build fixed that problem. Thanks for the update Dave. :D
Dr. Rhythm

edernest

Thanks!

Post by edernest »

The "outline-when-not-in-use" stop button seems like a good compromise as opposed to the empty button. Thanks for the change!

Dr.Rhythm

Re: Thanks!

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

edernest wrote:The "outline-when-not-in-use" stop button seems like a good compromise as opposed to the empty button. Thanks for the change!
+1 - I also like this change.
Dr. Rhythm