Indicating "closing time" in the playlist

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
captainswing

Indicating "closing time" in the playlist

Post by captainswing »

I've been using KJams Pro for several months in clubs and for special events, and it's fantastic! Thanks, Dave!

In the process, I've found that it would be tremendously helpful to know where "closing time" falls in the karaoke rotation, so I can structure the end of the evening and know who the last singer is going to be. Would it be possible to implement a feature, perhaps tied to Venue, where one can input a setting for when the evening must end, and highlight the last song in the playlist that will fit in before closing time?

An example, based on something I deal with every week: Bar A's closing time is 2am, and management wants the singing to stop at 1:50 so they can clear people out. As the evening draws to a close, I often find myself with a bar full of people, and a dozen or more songs in the playlist, but time for perhaps five or six before it's time to quit. I'd like to be able to enter "1:50am" for Bar A's "closing time" setting, and have the last song that will fit in under the 1:50 limit highlighted (bold text, colored or shaded row, etc.) in the playlist so I can tell at a glance where the evening will end. That way I can move people around in the rotation/swap song order/otherwise prepare for it more effectively. And I'd like to be able to do the same thing for Bar B (stop time 1:30am), House Party (no stop time), etc.

I think it might make it much easier to manage people signing up for a whole slew of songs so they can sing them over multiple evenings, as well.

What do you think?

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

yes, this is a popular feature request, i'll be adding that eventually.