Simple audio recording

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
ryank10909

Simple audio recording

Post by ryank10909 »

I've been asked by many singers if it's possible to record individual songs for them to share with their friends and family. I have been wanting to record and sell products like this to my singers that have been asking but there's no easy solution.

If a shortcut key for mac could be added to begin record, and end, at the end of recording opens a "save as" file in the file path chosen by user (weather it be external drive or internal storage) to burn a disk at the end of the night would be amazing.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Simple audio recording

Post by dave »

it's illegal, sorry.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just use QuickTime or a scriptable app like Audio Recorder. I even wrote a script and posted the code here a while back.
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Code/AudioClip_Recorder
I have some ideas to enhance it if it's really wanted.
FTR, if you wanted to do this totally legally, you could obtain a blanket mechanical license from one of the various licensing agencies, and pay a 9.1¢ fee, paid per digital or physical unit sold.
(Psst. This fee goes to the original artists, NOT the cover musicians that created the track for the karaoke company, so um, don't tell Kurt Slep!)
P.S. if you are going to make video recordings, that opens a whole new kettle of fish: synchronization licenses, image copyrights (right Kurt?) etc..

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i recommend against feeding the sharks.

ryank10909

Post by ryank10909 »

Thank you DeusExMachina I'll be sure to check that out!

Dave, "feeding the sharks" was a little low don't you think..

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

sorry if i wasn't clear: i meant to imply that if you try to fly under the radar with quasi-legal sale of music / karaoke / video stuff to your customers, you are putting yourself at risk of being sued by the rights holders or their representatives (the sharks).

ryank10909

Post by ryank10909 »

I understand. I don't want to do anything illegal at any venues. I appreciate the info by the way. KJams is a very easy program to use by the way. Keep up the great work. I do have another question when you have time. At venues is there a way to show singers the KJ rotation instead of the rotation of singers who has a song in? I'm not sure if I'm explaining that correctly

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no, currently there's no way to show the "KJ Rotation" list to the audience.