Server bug replication tool

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Server bug replication tool

Post by DeusExMachina »

Not really a feature, more a debugging tool to finally nail these sever bugs.
What would be the utility to adding enough logging that server activity could be thoroughly logged and later replicated via script.
So for instance, on a server crash, the exact environment (same singers, same playlists, same venues, same singers, same songs being sung) and client-server actions (same clients logged in, same concurrent searches, etc.) that led to it could be emulated in a python script running on the relaunched server to replicate the exact conditions that led to the crash event.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Server bug replication tool

Post by dave »

yes, i've thought of that, and may actually do something like that.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The key, though, is to be able to replicate from the data exactly what preceded an event, rather than just being able to emulate a random server session. Even without the accompanying script to replicate the event, the cause might then be seen directly in the data.
At least in theory.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, i'd have to instrument the tool to be able to provide everything required to re-create the event.