UI alert of new verson

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

UI alert of new verson

Post by DeusExMachina »

As per e-mail, it might be useful for the beta testers and the more intrepid of your user base if there were an alert when a newer version of the highest run version becomes available.
For instance, a flag that is set and read in from prefs that holds the highest version that user has run. kJams would periodically check for newer versions (maybe once every few minutes, not just at start up) and alert the user (once per session) when a newer version is available (newer than the version set in the flag, NOT the currently running version). So, for instance, when I run d73, kJams makes a note of it. It crashes on launch so I downgrade. I am now running d66. kJams checks, sees that a newer version, d73, is available, but ignores it, since it knows I have already run that version. An hour later, however, when you post d74, it pops up a dialogue (or changes an alert flag, or adds a notification badge on, and bounces, the dock icon, or some other thing, or multiple things) that lets the user know that a version newer than d73 is up.

dave
Site Admin

Re: UI alert of new verson

Post by dave »

good idea, it's on the list