Export with tempo change

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
garfield2344

Export with tempo change

Post by garfield2344 »

Hi Dave

I know how to export a song to QuickTime with a key change but can you export with a tempo change?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Export with tempo change

Post by dave »

currently there is no way to do that. it is on the list to do, but it is listed below the features of 2.0.

Allen

Post by Allen »

I am new to kJams (1 month) and love the program. I came from a Windows based system using Karafun. I use .zip CDG files. Karafun would allow a tempo change on these files but not kJams. I request this feature be added. Thanks,

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

kjams allows you to change the tempo, live. just not when exporting.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

For those who really need to do this for some reason, you can always screen grab the video window with Quicktime Player or a number of third party apps and then add the tempo change via them.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

screen-grab should also capture the audio, so yeah, that is a way to do it.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Tip: if you're on Mac and you want really HQ audio, use SoundFlower to create an input channel to pipe the audio stream directly to Quicktime.

garfield2344

Post by garfield2344 »

I don't know what you mean when you talk about screen grab the video. But I really need to export the song with tempo change. Any help is appreciated

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

there are "video screen shot" tools that will take a video of what is happening on your computer screen. some allow you to designate a section of the screen so you don't get the entire screen.

If you're on Mac, you can just use QuickTime X, but you'll get the whole screen and you'll need to trim it in some video editing software. I use SnapZPro.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

You can actually just use QTP. Just follow this procedure:
1) queue up kJams where you want to record (or a bit before) with the video window on top of all other windows. It will also help for later if you have the video 2 window off to the side.
2) in Quicktime player, select, File>New Screen Recording
3) click the down disclosure triangle in the record window that now pops up, and select the appropriate sound input source
4) click the red record button
5) following the onscreen prompt, drag the cursor to select the contents of the Video Window.
6) ⌘ tab to kJams and hit play
7) immediately switch back to QTP and start recording by hitting the "Start Recording" button hovering over your window.
8) immediately switch back to kJams (by clicking in the video 2 window if you set it up that way, or however you'd like) to allow you to control kJams.
9) When finished, click the record stop button in the menu bar.
Done.
(It's easier than that makes it seem. Just trying to be thorough.)
Don't forget to first set kJams preferences as you want them, routing the audio as needed, making screen messages not show on the video window, etc.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

this will work on mac. not sure what tools are available for windows.