Background filler music

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
robtromp

Background filler music

Post by robtromp »

Why not go for full background music support? Nothing worse than dead space because a singer isn't ready, the rotation hasn't built yet, or the KJ needs to take a longer potty break.

DeusExMachina

Re: Please add Shuffle

Post by DeusExMachina »

Also, my script for kJams Pro and Dave's for kJams 2 already handles background filler music
Moving this to a new thread makes this statement come entirely out of context, so might as well kill it! :)
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Background filler music

Post by dave »

While it's true that kJams 2 provides the ability to crossfade into iTunes, kJams does really need to handle this itself, and it is in the plans to do so.

thekaraokeprincess

Post by thekaraokeprincess »

I realize this is a super old thread, but I think this is a really great idea. A system I used to use (PCDJ) had a separate playlist for background music within the program, and it was pretty awesome. I'm new to Kjams, so I'm still learning, but in my tiny bit of experience so far, it seems the songs don't really fade in/out very smoothly when set to automatically crossfade to my iTunes. Maybe there's a setting to tweak this that I have not yet discovered. Dave has done such a fantastic job of providing endless info so it's probably documented somewhere. :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

can you define "smoothly" ? it seems smooth to me?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

It should already be very smooth. Perhaps you have a system processing issue.
If you need to, however, you can edit the script, changing the values for fadeDelay to a smaller value and fadeSteps to a higher value. This will make the fade even more gradual. But again, not sure that that should be necessary. I can check the code again, but it works just fine on my end, and every machine I have tested it on.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock: