Playlist Tweak

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
ChurchCat

Playlist Tweak

Post by ChurchCat »

At the moment if you click on a "playlist name" kJams drops into the playlist name editing mode.

It would be nicer to use if the first click on the name were to select the playlist and after a short delay a second click on the same playlist takes you into the renaming mode.

This is the way that iTunes handles it and is more intuitive.

CC

dave
Site Admin

yes!

Post by dave »

I don't know why the notifier is not telling me when people make a new post, something is skwewey with the notifier. sorry it took so long for me to notice this!

Anyway, the deal is you have to click AND THEN NOT MOVE for about a second and a half, and only THEN does it go into "rename" mode. If you just click then move your mouse a bit, you do not get into rename mode.

This only works in the Sources list, i will soon be adding this to the Tracks list too (and then i can finally remove the pref that says "allow name editing")

-dave

ChurchCat

Re: yes!

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote:I don't know why the notifier is not telling me when people make a new post, something is skwewey with the notifier. sorry it took so long for me to notice this!
No worries. You are kept well busy. I am chuffed as hell with kJams at the moment so I visit here a lot and any little "tweaks" that are on my mind I post. I don't expect you to respond to all of them.

dave wrote: Anyway, the deal is you have to click AND THEN NOT MOVE for about a second and a half, and only THEN does it go into "rename" mode. If you just click then move your mouse a bit, you do not get into rename mode.

-dave
Hmm, I don't know if it is just my machine (iMac G5) but the delay is closer to a quarter of a second. :?
dave wrote: i will soon be adding this to the Tracks list too
I look forward to it working in the track list but the delay would have to be longer than what I have currently or it would make kJams hard to use.

CC