Progress Bar / or Busy Bar when Searching

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
alcoholiday

Progress Bar / or Busy Bar when Searching

Post by alcoholiday »

For folks with a ridiculous number of songs, searches can take as long 10+ seconds (on a new macbook w/ 6gigs of ram).

Having an obvious visual indicator that a SEARCH IS IN PROGRESS would be great!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Progress Bar / or Busy Bar when Searching

Post by dave »

you're supposed to have the "Activity" window showing.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Still hoping eventually search progress for the main thread is a progress bar inside the search field box

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'm actually going to move the "Activity" window to a much smaller wooshy panel below the Sources list

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The idea of a wooshy panel (a/k/a drawer :^) ) is good one, as previously discussed, though it does you no good if you are locked out of the interface, since you can't open it until the search is done, at which point, well, it is done, so there is no need for the progress bar!

That is why I like the aqua bar in the search field. Always there, never covered up, right where you expect it to be, etc..

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i mean it will auto-woosh, like the "Artwork" window, right above it (between Artwork and Sources). it would be obviously stupid if you had to open it yourself, and you couldn't. which is why the current implementation sucks. plus that most people just close the Activity window and forget about it.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I always leave it open, but it is very easy to end up with it covered up, especially if you are multitasking on a less that 17" screen. I certainly never close it, since, using server so much, I really need to know about Filter progress.

On the same topic, I have tried dealing with the prior multiple spawned search requests by using the Stop sign button in the Activity Window, but it does nothing.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

All this will be fixed soon