Sync with Spotify

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
maestro72x

Sync with Spotify

Post by maestro72x »

Sync with spotify?
If there were a way were you can connect to users spotify account to their karaoke playlist.
IE: I have a playlist on my spotify that are my karaoke songs, how awesome would it be if i can
A: see what songs users want to sing in advance because i can see their songs in their karaoke playlist already(through kjams)
B: ability to sync up with that playlist and choose the appropriate song/manufacturer Ie: w/o vocals, soundchoice/tophits

I find myself and have seen others have their entire karaoke song list they sing in a karaoke album on spotify to listen and learn their songs.. (i know i do it and have seen others)
if we could pull that info into Kjams some how and match them up with our karaoke version that would be awesome.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Sync with Spotify

Post by dave »

that would be awesome.

it's on the list. but pretty far down, unfortunately

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The issue will be user interface. Users would have to give you access to their playlists, as well as the login credentials to even know who they are, and for many people, that would make gears stick and steam come out their ears!

That said, I am seriously considering writing a script to control Pandora and interface it with kJams. Might look in to Spotify as well.

maestro72x

Post by maestro72x »

Not really
Spotify allows you to have a collaborative playlist and or share playlist with other users
I sure there is a way you can pull from that info.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Yes, sure, but what I am saying is that new users whom you have no interrelations with, you would have to know who they are to get their playlists, as in their Spotify info. For users you have dealt with, their preferred tracks can just be placed in their favorites folder, especially if you are using Server, where they can be adding those songs to their favorites folder themselves via wtkJams or the web interface.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock: