ijams with the new OS4

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
Requiem7

ijams with the new OS4

Post by Requiem7 »

Hi,
I seem to be having problems connecting to a venue when I go to karaoke. I didn't have problems before I upgraded my iphone 3s to the new OS4. When I open ijams it takes some time to find the venue but it finds it and when I go to click on it goes connection error. I check with the host of the venue to make sure the settings are ok but I just can't connect. Everyone else there with ipod touches and iphones with the OS3 have no problem. Do you think it is the OS4 or do I need to do something different?

dave
Site Admin

Re: ijams with the new OS4

Post by dave »

i'm having no trouble connecting with iOS 4. i'm not sure how to help?

Requiem7

Post by Requiem7 »

Ok, thanks anyway maybe I try deleting the app and reinstalling it and start from fresh and see if that works.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay keep me posted, i want to know about this!

Jon Leggitt

Post by Jon Leggitt »

On a possibly related note, I've had some (very) sporadic crashes in kJams, and the only possible connection I've been able to find is that someone was making an iJams search on a iPhone 4. Since I was also running a search myself at the time of each crash, perhaps it was something that I did, but I thought that I should mention it anyway.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

tomorrows release will address some of that directly.

TKDADJ

Post by TKDADJ »

Hello, I just purchased kJams Pro and the iJams app. I'm having the exact same problem as Requiem7
Requiem7 wrote:Hi,
I seem to be having problems connecting to a venue when I go to karaoke. I didn't have problems before I upgraded my iphone 3s to the new OS4. When I open ijams it takes some time to find the venue but it finds it and when I go to click on it goes connection error. I check with the host of the venue to make sure the settings are ok but I just can't connect. Everyone else there with ipod touches and iphones with the OS3 have no problem. Do you think it is the OS4 or do I need to do something different?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

this is very strange. i am on iOS 4 and the latest kJams, and have no trouble at all connecting and using iJams.

what is your phone's IP address and what is the IP address of your server?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I'm running OS4, and it works fine.

TKDADJ

Post by TKDADJ »

I Tried it at work last night and it worked fine. I wonder if its the internet security settings?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please confirm your iphone and server have the same IP address except for the last number