ijams issue

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
Brendan

ijams issue

Post by Brendan »

I have been having issues with ijams lately. When i try to change the order of the songs in the tonite list, it does not reflect the change in kjams. Is there something i need to do to refresh kjams? Also, when i highlight a song in ijams tonite list, it gives me the option to add to favs, remove song or cancel. If i touch the cancel button, nothing happens, the only way to get rid of the screen is to add to favs or remove song. any help appreciated.- Brendan

dave
Site Admin

Re: ijams issue

Post by dave »

When i try to change the order of the songs in the tonite list, it does not reflect the change in kjams
just tried this and it's working fine for me, no you do not have to refresh kJams. it worked whether i was showing the singer's tonight list, the KJ Rotation, or the regular "Rotation", kJams updated when i changed anything on iJams

re: the cancel button: a bug. touch the very top part of the button. if you touch the middle or the bottom, it won't register

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Not sure what happened, the songs in ijams were not matching the songs in my tonite list. Cleared out uncommon songs and it seems to be working fine now :o

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you sometimes need to refresh iJams since there is no backward notification

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Okay, how do I go about refreshing? Just quit?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

or just log out then back in

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

It is still happening, Songs in the "Avel's tonite" list do not match ijams. When i look in the "Rotation" screen, the order for the singer is correct and the matches songs in ijams :? Only seems to be happening in one "tonite" list, the other tonite lists match adn work fine. I did try to log out and shutdown but they still do not match. I think it was working fine until i tried to change the order of the songs.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

if you can teach me how to re-create this situation, i will fix it. please provide step by step instructions that will cause this situation to happen every time i follow the steps exactly.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I open kjams, click on Avels tonite list and then open ijams, log into Avel and click on Avels tonite list.
Using ijams, i delete all the songs in the Avel's playlist.
In ijams still, open Avels favorites and add 4 songs in this order to the tonite list.

1 Brandy
2 Dont let me be lonely tonite
3 for what its worth
4 highway song
5 sympathy for the devil

They appear in the correct order in kjams :)
Using ijams, i press edit and slide Sympathy for the devil from position five to the second song position, click done
in kjams "tonite" list, the order is exactly the same as the the original order, nothing changes.
I go to rotation screen and the correct order appears and matches ijams :)
When i click back on avels tonite list, Sympathy still appears at the number 5 position??
I did log out of ijams and restarted, the order remains unchanged.

Hope this is what your looking for, This is the only tonite list i am having this issue with :?
Other than that, im not sure what ORIGINALLY caused this, i probably screwed something up :lol:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it seems like you are losing network connectivity when you move SFTD from 5 to 2.
i just tried doing all these steps and it's all working perfectly for me.

you should try the latest pre-alpha release at the bottom of this page.
let me know if that resolves the issue

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

After clearing the tonight lists and adding songs again, i have not had any problems. I will continue to monitor . Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)