iJams needs to be set free

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
jerry

iJams needs to be set free

Post by jerry »

iJams is a wonderful addition to kJams and when I show people how easy it is to search for their songs and request them without pen and paper they are thrilled. That is, until they hit the app store and see that it cost 99¢ then suddenly :cry: it looses it coolness factor and they go back to pencil and paper. Yea, it's only .99 but I've not seen one person that I've shown it to buy it other then myself.

Is there any thought about releasing iJams for free on the app store? I would love to see more people using it instead of constantly asking me if I have this song or that song. :x

Karanight

Re: iJams needs to be set free

Post by Karanight »

I don't use ijams yet but I will be doing soon and if anyone said they didn't want to pay 99 pence for the app I would give them the 99 pence and I'm sure that most would download the app and would give me the money back out of embarrassment. I'm also sure that folk with the app would be more loyal to my karaoke because of the app.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

iJams was developed by a third party, over countless hours. how is he going to feed his kids?

seanphafer

Post by seanphafer »

I have at least 10-15 singers that have bought the app with no gripes whatsoever. They love it!

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I am completely book-free, and run almost exclusively with Server.
I have the opposite experience. I work at a bar where many patrons PRIDE themselves on how cheap they are. I have never once mentioned the app to someone with an iPhone, clarified that it is 99¢, and have them not get it. At most I get the, "I'm not THAT cheap," look!
That said, I am cheap myself, but since I have sunk a small fortune (from my perspective) into laptops to replace song books, there is less need for iJams. But many still get it.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karaokeblvd

Post by karaokeblvd »

99 cents is not a lot of money. I buy them a drink when they get the app. It hasn't made life too much easier... but it makes your karaoke show really cool that you can say... "ADD SONGS TO THE ROTATION RIGHT FROM YOUR SEAT!"

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)