Which Karaoke Companies do you recomend or prefer

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
dave
Site Admin

Re: Which Karaoke Companies do you recomend or prefer

Post by dave »

they are not for sale online anywhere (legally)

MacOCD

Post by MacOCD »

That's a shame, I've gone to great effort (& expense) to make sure I have all my track legitimately. I'm not interested in buying/acquiring illegally.

M@gicMike

Post by M@gicMike »

MacOCD wrote:That's a shame, I've gone to great effort (& expense) to make sure I have all my track legitimately. I'm not interested in buying/acquiring illegally.

You have to register with Sound Choice. They are working on a download program. It should be coming very soon.

Once registered you'll be able to download credits and then download directly from them.

MacOCD

Post by MacOCD »

M@gicMike wrote:
MacOCD wrote:That's a shame, I've gone to great effort (& expense) to make sure I have all my track legitimately. I'm not interested in buying/acquiring illegally.

You have to register with Sound Choice. They are working on a download program. It should be coming very soon.

Once registered you'll be able to download credits and then download directly from them.
So this would work like the Tricera store experience purchasing credits? I was quite shocked when I read online today that Sound Choice no longer made titles and that they've been sueing KJs for using legitimately purchased tracks? If that's incorrect I'd be quite happy, because right now I wouldn't risk buying their products. I have 2 legally purchased CDs that are excellent but I'm considering replacing those songs with other versions.

I'm keeping all my receipts for my online purchases organised & filed safely, and I'll be taking ALL my original CDs with me.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

this is the first i've heard of it. if they will allow their store inside kJams, i'll definitely do that

natblend

Post by natblend »

What's up with Tricersoft? This has been going on for months. They got about $40 from me.
http://www.karaokedownloads.ca/cgi-bin/ ... trict.html

MacOCD

Post by MacOCD »

Well that sucks.

I think I'd better use up my credits before we see that same action in the UK. I last used my credits yesterday & they worked fine in the UK.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Sunfly claim they are on the verge of launching a streaming service but please note:
A SIGNIFICANT number of their HD tracks were made by me, under contract for them, a contract for which they never paid, and thus they have no rights to those tracks. They currently owe me over $10k. Furthermore, many of their newer tracks, which I did not do, were facilitated with information I gave them, after they agreed to a non-compete/nondisclosure agreement, that they immediately broke.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

FTR, Sunfly's streaming service is up, but they do not have commercial distribution rights, so technically illegal to use for professional shows.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

If i get a request and do a search and have multiple versions of a file for a singer, i always always always go straight for the Zoom version if i have it. They always have proper endings instead of fades, and real instruments used - not midi sound module versions. Lots of punch as they have been EQ'd compressed and mixed properly as well. I find Sunfly hit or mis sometimes - they either sound very weak and you end up EQing to hell to get them to sound good, or they are just way too bottom end heavy.

just my 2 cents :)

Dave

MacOCD

Post by MacOCD »

Yep, I like zoom too, as I said previously I'm rather partial to SBI/ABraxas as I like the way the words come up in plenty of time, but recently I've been comparing the "performance" in the track and I've steared away from SBI. "Rebel Rebel" by David Bowie is an example that springs to mind, the Zoom version is far superior to the SBI version and I went for that over better presented lyrics. Now I'm at 5,500+ 100% legally purchased tracks I preview Zoom, Sunfly, Karaoke-Version & SBI before buying.

I've also taken to buying the latest Zoom Pop Chart Picks CDs on Amazon for around £6 ($8) for around 20 fairly current tracks just to be able to say I've something new.

As an example I've preordered the next one, "Pop Picks 2016 - Part 6" that comes out next week (15th)

1. This House Is Not For Sale (Bon Jovi)
2. Don't Even Try (Bryan Adams)
3. Dancing On My Own (Calum Scott)
4. Don't Let Me Down (The Chainsmokers feat. Daya)
5. Closer (The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey)
6. Tears (Clean Bandit feat. Louisa Johnson)
7. Up&Up (Coldplay)
8. Toothbrush (DNCE)
9. Too Good (Drake feat. Rihanna)
10. I Hate U, I Love U [Clean Version] (Gnash feat. Olivia O'Brien)
11. Someone For Everyone (Jamie Lawson)
12. Perfect Strangers (Jonas Blue feat. JP Cooper)
13. Cold Water [For Solo Male] (Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber & MØ)
14. You Don't Know Love (Olly Murs)
15. Wherever I Go (OneRepublic)
16. Angels On My Side (Rick Astley)
17. Sledgehammer (Rihanna)
18. Work (Rihanna feat. Drake)
19. Kill Em With Kindness (Selena Gomez)
20. Treat You Better (Shawn Mendes)
21. Cry (Sigma feat. Take That)

I can live with under 40c per track.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

If you were industrious, you could always cross match the tracks, use SBI lyrics with the audio file from the Zoom track.
Then rezip and time-slip the audio as needed within kJams.

MacOCD

Post by MacOCD »

DeusExMachina wrote:If you were industrious, you could always cross match the tracks, use SBI lyrics with the audio file from the Zoom track.
Then rezip and time-slip the audio as needed within kJams.
For the most part I wouldn't go to that effort, but there is the odd song that drives me NUTS. One immediately springs to mind is "The Boys Are Back In Town" by Thin Lizzy. I've an excellent performance version, but the lyrics are wrong in a very obvious way "Man I still think them cats are GREAT" instead of "CRAZY". I've been using a lesser quality performance version over that one.

I may actually see what I can do with your suggestion.