Which Karaoke Companies do you recomend or prefer

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
DaveT

Re: Which Karaoke Companies do you recomend or prefer

Post by DaveT »

OCD -- use producer within KJams to edit the lyrics that are wrong :) I must admit i find it rather frustrating to find decent Thin Lizzy tracks as well (whisky in the jar is one that springs to mind)

Dave (T)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Try Sunfly's version of "Maniac" by Michael Sembello. I'm pretty sure the lyrics were transcribed by twelve argumentative deaf Armenians who don't speak English listening to the track from a transistor radio sitting in a toilet in a bathroom behind a locked door across a busy twelve lane highway
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

MacOCD

Post by MacOCD »

DeusExMachina wrote:Try Sunfly's version of "Maniac" by Michael Sembello. I'm pretty sure the lyrics were transcribed by twelve argumentative deaf Armenians who don't speak English listening to the track from a transistor radio sitting in a toilet in a bathroom behind a locked door across a busy twelve leave highway
Wow! you're not wrong on that one... I have that version but no-one has ever asked for it. I only do free shows at our local village club so the chances are it'll never get requested but it's a really bad transcription.

This should be it's own thread "Worst Transcription Tracks".

I did consider Producer previously, but it's quite expensive for someone who doesn't do it commercially. I've currently just got a disclaimer on my songs lists that says:

"Inaccurate Words
From time to time I come across songs where the lyrics displayed on the screen are not correct. All songs have been purchased in their current form and unfortunately are not editable to correct inaccurate lyrics. It drives me nuts too, but at least I know I can sing what I KNOW to be the correct words.
"

Mark.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The worst part is, it starts out innocently enough, lulling the singer into a false sense of security. Then it puts a few weird word choices in that are still believable. So the singer thinks: "Wow, I never knew those were the words".
then it drops the hammer on you.
I had a friend who purposely selected the track just to see if people noticed.
They were oblivious. And this was in Pittsburgh, home of Flashdance.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

"Take your pants off and make it happen" - Flashdance