tip for first-time Pro users in a real-world setting

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
randyj

tip for first-time Pro users in a real-world setting

Post by randyj »

Tip for KJs using Pro in a real-world setting for the first time: {contributed after my first weekend hosting with kJams} If you're in PANIC MODE because the wrong song is playing for the singer, it's due to "user error". (You're learning the hard way, like me!) So you go find the right song but you can't get it to play! Grrr!

Take a deep breath. Just remember this: to play a song, you first add the song to the singer, then double-click the Singer in the KJ Rotation list. Check out the shortcuts here: http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Singers and here: http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Rotation

-randyj :)

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Another tip, The fastest way to get a track to play it to make sure you don't have any singers name selected (to check just double click the top singer in your singer list and click again so that it's not selected) then find the song you want in the library and double click it, the track will then play. Obviously this is not the best way to run a show but if your in a desperate hurry to play the track it works fast especially if like me you have hundreds of singers in your list for that venue and to find the singer just takes more time, or the singer doesn't appear to have a file because you can't find it.

You will then have to remember to go back to your rotation when the track has finished and double click the first track to be played to continue the night in the correct manner. If you don't kJams will just play the next song in the library list
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

um

Post by dave »

well i'm not quite sure about that second tip.

having a singer "selected" has nothing to do with anything. What you do NOT want to do is "double click" a singer, because that puts the singer in Target Mode.

If you have a rotation going and just want to double click a random song in the library to play it, what you need to do is STOP the rotation (press the stop button or hit ESC, or command period. THEN you can double click a song to play it.

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

The reason I say to select a singer and then deselect it is because if a singer is already selected that you can't see and then if you double click a song, instead of playing, the song will go into the selected singers list and not play

dave
Site Admin

?

Post by dave »

you are confusing "selection" and "target mode". they are NOT the same thing.

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Yes you are right I should say make sure no singer is in target mode

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)