Play Lock..?!?!?!

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Don22b

Play Lock..?!?!?!

Post by Don22b »

I desperately would like there to be a play lock...in that, once a person is singing there is NO WAY to accidentally interrupt them....there should be a warning screen before any change in the "Play State" ..this is standard on many hosting programs I use..or maybe a switch to turn the feature on or off.

I work the clubs and have made the critical "mis-type" and paused or changed track in the midst of a performance....not fun

help Dave!

Don

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

You must use the Rotation playlist to get the Play Lock feature. Playing from regular playlists, you don't get that. If you're running a show, you should be using the Rotation feature anyway. Playlists are really for home or hobbiest use.

Another thing you might try, edit your Keyboard.txt file in the preferences folder (Library/Preferenced/kJams). Look for the line:

"Menu/Controls/Play" = "-0x09";

change it to:

"Menu/Controls/Play" = "-";

then the space bar won't do play/pause (you can still use the buttons)

-dave

Don22b

This program is NOW PERFECT

Post by Don22b »

Dave.... in my opinion has updated this program to perfection....in the preference drop downs he has put a check box for "warn if current playing song will be interupted" making it impossible to ever accidently interrupt a person performing.
...This way you can really bounce around in the program... menus, songs, and singers and not have to walk on eggs.....

Dave ... you are the best !

Don
Tasteful Productions
Connecticut[/b]

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

YAY!

It's users like you who help make kJams the best! Keep those feature requests coming!

-dave