Karaoke Gig Results

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
Dr.Rhythm

Karaoke Gig Results

Post by Dr.Rhythm »

I had my first big Karaoke gig this past Saturday night. I have done some others in the past but they have been mainly DJ gigs with a little Karaoke mixed in here and there. This gig was the other way around, mainly Karaoke with a little DJ mixed in.

Overall things went really well. My clients ended up paying me to stay another hour. I didn't finish up until about 10 minutes after 1 AM.

There were a couple audio drop outs in my DJ application while kJams was running in the background. I had kJams stopped but I think it was still doing something. One time I toggled back to kJams when I got the audio drop out and there was something happening in the tasks window. I think it was filling ring buffer or something like that. I'm not sure now. Anyway, I have never experienced anything like that with my DJ app before so I think kJams and it were fighting for CPU cycles or accessing the HD too much.

It happened three or four times during the night and I don't think my guests noticed it two of the times. It wasn't a big deal.

I had no problems with kJams, it ran solid all night. I want to thank Dave again for releasing a patch to fix the problem I was having prior to the gig. kJams worked like a champ.
Dr. Rhythm

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

YAY!

send me your avatar via email and i'll fix it in the forums.

the ring buffer happens when a song is playing or paused, and yes kJams will use some CPU even to keep a song paused (it is in fact "playing" silence) but this should certainly NOT interfere with other programs.

-dave