Above and beyond the call of duty

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
ocheye

Above and beyond the call of duty

Post by ocheye »

I wanted to post a big vote of thanks to Dave. Having reported some puzzling bugs (which I'm sure I described very badly) Dave eventually phoned me and via ichat, he took control of my powerbook. What he discovered wasn't pretty. Basically my laptop was a mess after having a replacement hard drive installed (e.g. Utilities could be found in the usual place - and also within Utilities!) Dave cleaned up the drive and reconfigured a lot of stuff that I don't begin to understand. My computer is behaving itself 10 times better than it was and KJams is proving a Godsend for my backing tracks. I can introduce new songs on a whim (and have done). I did Ring of Fire which I know inside out and got plagued for another Johnny Cash song so there and then I did Folsom Prison Blues for the first time ever and it went down a storm - and no-one saw me glance at the lyrics - brilliant.
All in all a lot to thank "My Hero" for. I am sure he thinks I'm a complete f***wit and he's probably right!
Many thanks Dave - There's a pint of Best English Bitter (That's beer) waiting for you in my local should you ever come over to Dear Old Blighty
Cheers

Andy

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Well gawsh!

but Root Beer is my thang:
http://www.virgils.com/about.shtml

You are not a fwhateverwit at all either! I'm just glad i could get it all straightened out for you :)

-dave

ocheye

Post by ocheye »

Cheers mate you're still a star if not a beer connoisseur! (But I will try to get hold of some Virgil's over here!)

Andy

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Well if we ever get Dave to come over to Blighty make sure you invite me over.

We can find out what he makes of Scotland's other national drink. Irn-Bru.

:D

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)