Stingray Vids not playing back smoothly

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
seanphafer

Stingray Vids not playing back smoothly

Post by seanphafer »

Hello,

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I bought some mp4 karaoke songs from Stingray, and kJams is really struggling to play them. I'm talking unresponsive, spinning pinwheel, struggling. I have an older 13" macBook pro, and it plays the vids back fine, but when kJams is brought in the mix they are unusable due to hangs and stutters. I am running my music off of an external SSD, which I've used with USB 3 and FW800. Quicktime plays them fine off the same drives. Any thoughts? I may try using Adobe Media Encoder later to half the resolution, but I thought I'd check here first.

Thanks,
Sean

dave
Site Admin

Re: Stingray Vids not playing back smoothly

Post by dave »

make sure the video screen you play back on is set to 720p if the videos are hi-def. if they're SD, set the screen to 480p.
and yes, lowering the rez will also help, but you can NOT play them on a screen larger than 720p.

kJams currently doesn't use hardware for playback, it's all in software. sorry about that