OS X Sierra

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
DaveT

OS X Sierra

Post by DaveT »

Anyone made the jump yet and any issues or not to report? i have upgraded my home iMac and seems a bit laggy in general but Kjams is running no problems. It probably still sorting whats to go to iCloud and what hasn't causing it to slow a bit, but as i said Kjams doesn't appear to have any problems at all. Still not sure about upgrading my MacBooks until I'm sure all will be ok.

Dave(T)

dave
Site Admin

Re: OS X Sierra

Post by dave »

i made the jump. no issues.

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

I did as well last night.

Big mistake.

Because I'm using iCloud on my main iMac as well as 2 MacBooks i now have a major mess on all 3 desktops because it has synced all 3 desktops and document folders together. needless to say, my main MacBook i use for karaoke has now totally ran out of space and is trying to drop files back into iCloud, which has now also ran out of space forcing me to upgrade to apples 2 terra scheme. I'm now waiting with fingers crossed for everything to finish syncing before tonights gig, as a load of my karaoke files are in limbo between cloud and drive. 50meg connection is maxed out and still struggling :(

AND - i haven't had the chance to check KJams on it yet as I'm scared to attach my external drive in case i end up in an even bigger mess :(

Should have done it after this weekends gigs. Oh well lesson learnt i guess

Dave )T)

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Panic almost over just in time to load up and head to the gig. Have checked about 150 songs we use regular (using the setup for cabaret tonight and not karaoke) and all looking , running, and sounding good. Will hammer the karaoke section during the next week as i have 2 karaoke gigs next weekend as well as a cabaret to make sure all is well. Only had to relink about 40 songs on my playlist for some reason - they were all in the original folder i keep for cabaret, and in the exact same location and naming as always, but KJams couldn't find them until i relinked them. No big deal as its all working now :)

Dave (T)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Possible Sierra bug:
Switching to Sierra using an Apple TV for remote display, system reverts to 1080p (from 720p) for the ATV, and when it does so, kJams will not go full screen.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

And… Server is broken too. Or more specifically mDNSresponder, apparently.

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Cabaret show went good last night with Sierra and KJams pro. Found that background programs were very slow to respond when running, but no issues with KJams at all. The test will be this weekend when its actually getting used for karaoke :)

Dave

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The difficulty getting kJams to go full screen is more extensive than first posted, and extends to 720p resolution as well. Resizing the window by hand first appears to have fixed the issue, but this could just be coincidental.
Resetting router did nothing.
Following some online breadcrumbs. I zapped PRAM, but that had no effect on the server refusing to respond.
The iOS app saw the venue but wouldn't connect and the web server of course didn't respond at all.
Gonna test further on different network hardware later today.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

definitely set any external display to 720p

can you take a photo of the problem of "not going full screen" ? i still don't know what that means

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I'm afraid a photo would not be particularly informative.
If kJams starts with the video window in, say, normal size or double size, and you click the window or type ⌘ 0, the window does not change to full screen, but simply stay as it was.
The display went to 1080p without my intervention after I upgraded to Sierra. Forcing it back to 720p by hand seemed to fix the full screen issue, too, but then it resurfaced.
"Touching" the window, i.e., resizing it with the mouse, did then allow kJams to get the fullscreen UI commands, but I will have to test further to see if this too, reverts back to ignoring UI input.

Lastly, as I stated over PM, the Server issue has been fixed. The issue stemmed from Sierra changing Firewall settings to block all incoming connections. Once that was changed by hand, Server is again visible to the outside world.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay well, if you can get good repro steps, let me know

DJMatt

Post by DJMatt »

It "just worked" for me with HDMI out from a rMBP (2014).

But then I don't use the mobile app/server so can't comment on that.

But Cmd-0 full screened in the same way it always has, didn't notice any regressions at all TBH.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock:

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

And the fullscreen issue has resurfaced. ⌘ 1,2, and 3 all work, ⌘ 0 is ignored.
I suspect this is a system issue, arising out of communication between the app and the video subsystem, and in particular the Apple TV, but I can not be sure.
I have tried restarting the Apple TV, reestablishing the connection (which of course crashes the app :) ) and other hacks, but so far stuck with drag bar across top of screen.
Maybe if there were an option to not draw that at all….

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i have no problem with command-zero. does the video menu bar higlight when you do it? can you see the key shortcut in that menu?