To Buy Multiplex versions or not?

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
MacOCD

To Buy Multiplex versions or not?

Post by MacOCD »

This weekend I bought around 50 tracks from Tricera (KaraokeDownloads.ca) and decided to take to Multiplex versions at the same price.

Having played some of them I think that I should have bought the normal versions. Using the "Suppress Right Channel" Option to hide the vocals actually means losing the stereo effects on the track. I find it somewhat lacking musically compared to when the vocals are playing.

I'd like to hear some other opinions about whether it's worth going for the Multiplex versions over the regular ones.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
Mark.

dave
Site Admin

Re: To Buy Multiplex versions or not?

Post by dave »

perhaps i'm wrong but i was under the impression that multiplex were mixed mono? if i'm wrong about that then i'd totally agree, don't use them, because stereo always sounds better

MacOCD

Post by MacOCD »

I'm pretty new to all this and I'm sure you are correct that Multiplex tracks are mixed Mono, I think the missing stereo effect makes for a noticeably less dynamic and enjoyable sound. I'll think I'llstick to buying regular versions in future.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yep, that'd be my call.