El Capitan

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
DaveT

El Capitan

Post by DaveT »

Anyone installed it yet and tried kjams with it? i have it downloading just now, but won't install until i find out everything is safe lol

thanks

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Re: El Capitan

Post by dave »

I'm downloading now and will report back

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks Dave

Dave (T) :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

El Capitan breaks the auto updater unless you're an Administrator. You'll have to manually update kJams when new updates come out, until that's fixed.
Also, in a fresh, non-admin account, the video window was very flickery. But in my regular account (not fresh, and it is an administrator), the video was not flickery.
other than that, seems to work.

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Well, took the plunge..... didn't have any gig lined up this weekend to use it with so giving me plenty of time to "test" it, 2 minutes after updating i now have a gig on saturday :gulp: think i may have to dig out the video exports "just in case", but I'm sure it will be fine

thanks Dave

Dave T

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, please let me know!

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

only thing i could find after a 4 hour gig on Saturday was every now and again i would get a very very small stutter during the song, but not enough to notice by the public, but my singer kept hearing it. the files were being run from an external hard drive, and i had 2x4kw bass amplifiers running to 2 mackie subs very close to the macbook -- its possible they were causing vibration issues with the drive. i have copied all files to the internal PCIE drive and will see how it goes this weekend

Thanks

Dave

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Oops -- another issue, but not really. when i started up my macbook didn't recognise the external display for some reason. it took 4 restarts to get it to fire up. not a jams issue probably, but best to warn for other users in case they panic. It eventually came good when i restarted without the thunderbolt to VGA, then plugged it in and restarted again -- all was good then :)

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

thanks for the updates, keep me posted!!

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Sounded great last night after a 4 hour gig -- no stutters etc. Running great :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

fantastic!

seanphafer

Post by seanphafer »

I had an issue after updating to El Capitan that the TV screen would lose connection/go to sleep in the middle of a song. It was a 45 foot HDMI cable, and had worked fine the two shows before I updated to El Capitan, but I thought maybe it was too long of a run, so I moved closer and used a 25 foot HDMI last week. Worked without a hitch. I also updated my Power Saving settings to not go to sleep, etc. So that could have been it too. Sunday I'm going to set up in the 25 foot range, but use the 45 foot cable to see if I get dropouts again, that way if I do, I switch back to the 25 ft. and everything should be fine. If the 45 ft. is fine, then I'll assume it was Power Saver settings, or the update that just came out yesterday that fixed it. Sorry for the long post, but I'll report back with findings.

karaokeniagara

Post by karaokeniagara »

I am running Latest Kjams on my Macbook Pro running El Capitan.
So far so good, No issues, The WKTJams KE also working well.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:D