videos

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
djgusmusictogo

videos

Post by djgusmusictogo »

I have some video files in my serato program that i've tried to play in my Kjams program but they come out jerky and not smooth.....i'm a little pc challenged so if you could make it idiot proof for me it'd be awesome.....thanks

dave
Site Admin

Re: videos

Post by dave »

1) they should be encoded h.264. any other encoder may require more CPU
2) they should be encoded (dimensions) 720p or smaller, preferably 480p if they are just karaoke (not video)
3) the TV resolution needs to be set to 720p or lower, preferably 480p if all you're showing is karaoke (CD+G) songs

things should smooth out if you do that.

djgusmusictogo

Post by djgusmusictogo »

not sure how to check how to encode the videos......they'e actually not karaoke vids they're music videos.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

use Handbrake to re-encode them

if they came from LaserDisc, or they're low-definition, make them 720x480
if they're high definition, make them 1280 x 720

djgusmusictogo

Post by djgusmusictogo »

thank you for your help.....i downloaded hand break and have been trying to use iTunes videos on Kjams, but alas I have no idea what i'm doing. Gonna have to try to find someone locally who can show me what to do or if it's even possible. Dave thank you for your response.....I've told a few Kj's about your program and your awesome customer service....

djgusmusictogo

Post by djgusmusictogo »

also would upgrading to the Kjams 2 help alleviate the problem with jerky music videos??

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

thank you for your help
happy to assist!
i downloaded HandBrake and have been trying to use iTunes videos in kJams
Do you mean you've "been trying to convert iTunes videos in HandBrake, for USE in kJams" ? Note that if they are DRM'd videos, HandBrake won't be able to read / convert them.
but alas I have no idea what i'm doing
well, that's what the instructions are for. Did you read them? Or do you mean that you're confused by them or are stuck at a particular step that doesn't make sense?
I've told a few Kj's about your program and your awesome customer service
thanks man, i really appreciate it! :D

-dave