New Macbook advice please

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
DaveT

New Macbook advice please

Post by DaveT »

Hi Guys -- things have been running great with my mid 2010 macbook pro. today i have decided to upgrade to one of the new macbook pros but the 13" one (bit smaller makes it easier to carry lol). I'm gonna buy the all singing all dancing 2.9ghz one with the 512Gig PCIe drive. does any else use this new model, and what is your feedback on how it runs Kjams? Is it reliable or has anyone found any issues?

Im sure it will run perfect, but just looking for any heads up before splashing out £1600 :)

Many Thanks

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Re: New Macbook advice please

Post by dave »

any new mac will be awesome

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks Dave -- it arrives tomorrow.... just need to work out how to tell the missus lol. i think i only have one instance of my licence in use, so should be an easy setup -- if not, expect an email lol. gonna keep my "old" macbook in reserve for any live gig problems just in case - although i dont expect any issues.

Can i say -- a testament to how good this software is, the forum is very quiet. no issues with it. proves how good Kjams is. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone, and the support is awesome.

i WILL manage to get a last word on one of the messages in here lol

thanks again Dave. Dave T :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

thanks dude!
i WILL manage to get a last word on one of the messages in here lol
good luck with that. browse the forums to see how others fared with attempting to get the last word. ;-)

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

While your on a roll Dave -- heres a question for you that i haven't been able to do without a long painstaking process. I use Kjams also for cabaret backing tracks for my singer. I currently have about 450 tracks in a playlist that we use regularly as part of her performance set. i know i can right click on any of the tracks in her list and hit "reveal in finder" to find the file location. Now heres my problem i hope you can solve for me. I want to be able to take all these 450 tracks and quickly copy the original song zip files into a new folder on my desktop for safe keeping, and also to transfer to the new macbook. Is there an easy way to do this, or will i have to do the long way and reveal each one at a time and manually copy them into the new folder?

Many Thanks again

Dave (T) :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

file->export->entire playlist->all files

BAM!

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

WOW!!!! -- how did i miss that feature. methinks i need to read the manual rather than using the standard set of things i have got so used to, and learn some new tricks.

Many Many thanks once again -- I'm about to go boot up the macbook and give it a go :)

Dave T

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

New macbook didn't arrive today :( courier has promised tomorrow, and to add to it -- the wife found out lol. i have had to promise my old macbook to my son to keep her happy. small price to pay i suppose lol

Dave

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Thanks Dave-- just did it, and even better an xml file with the ones i have key changes etc on..... I'm lost for words. fantastic

thanks again for your help, this has saved me probably about 3 or 4 hours of work and gives me an easy back up the songs we normally use that i can do each and every time we finish a gig where requests have been added to her repertoire.

has made the disappointment of the new mac not arriving a small inconvenience now as this has made me mega happy :)

Dave :) :) :) :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)