trying to get started in karaoke

Just talk about kJams stuff with each other, describe things you did that worked, talk about your setup, anything that doesn't fit into the other forums!
paparichie

trying to get started in karaoke

Post by paparichie »

I'm doing my due diligence. At my camp I play my guitar and people come up and sing. I have a PA system and want more variety. I would like to remedy this with a karaoke selection. I also have a mac pro after using a PC for decades. Reading the forum posts and answers, much of it seems to be in a language I don't understand. Can I get KJams pro and start buying songs and do a karaoke business without getting a BS in music file lingo? I have no music to convert and no discs to rip. I would just like this to be easy. I'am anxious to sign up and start buying songs or get a cloud package but the "write a script" answers and music file type information is leading me to feel this may be over my head. Thanks in advance. Rich

dave
Site Admin

Re: trying to get started in karaoke

Post by dave »

kjams is actually the easiest to use karaoke software (imho)

download it, it's free to try. play with it. it's like iTunes (so it's going to feel familiar)

the music stores are built in. find a song, click "buy", it shows up in your Library

if you have specific questions, please feel free to email me

paparichie

Post by paparichie »

The answer I was hoping for. Is printing a song book user friendly?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

people generally don't use song books any more, as it's all gone digital.

you may print out a few sheets to give people ideas. more info here:

https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Printing